Shillong Lajong FC

Comments

• AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>I want Lajong FC to win the i league this time and bring away the cup to NE far from the mainland.  But this club has always dissapointed me so far. This season, they must do well as there are many exciting signing. Hail Lajong FC. </p>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p><strong>As per hardtackle</strong><em>....In recent years, Shillong Lajong have quite often been praised for their policy of signing and developing young football players from the North-East. Although the club’s promotion of local players is highly commendable, not looking towards footballers from mainstream India will only rid the club from benefiting from other quality players available in the market. </em><a href="http://www.thehardtackle.com/2013/united-sikkim-an-i-league-debut-to-forget/"; target="_blank"><em>Due to its low budget, and the policy of signing only North-East players, apart from foreigners</em></a><em>, Lajong’s options get limited to a few players every season. This prevents the reds from gaining from a vast pool of available players throughout the country. The club may have to alter this policy a bit in the long run in order to enjoy greater success at the top level. The club shouldn’t shy away from signing players from other regions, who would improve the overall quality of the team. Of course, this doesn’t mean the club should absolutely discontinue its policy of signing North-east players, but they should definitely liberalize it a bit in future</em>.</p><p>But dear...NE has 40 million population. If a country like crotia, urugay etc which has a million population can do marvelous than why not NE India which is already a football craze region of India. Every nook and corner plays football. so spotting talent among these wont be difficult as there would be vast pool of talents among 40 millionplaying football. But  i agree players from the mainalnd should also be inlcuded so as to reach to new fans </p>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    what exactly is mainland?
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    <p>Mainland coined by people from your region starting from Bengal to Delhi etc etc to differentiate from NE India  . I never knew before coming to Delhi that whole of the NE states were referred as NE India rather than individual state name being used. </p>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Another new information for you. Although it might sound shocking, whole of South India is referred to as South India and same thing with North India. Now do not die of shock
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    edited August 2013
    So why ask when i use mainland India... :-))
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Mainland India is something I am hearing for the first time even though I grew up with Manipuris and Mizos and wud always refer to them as Mamipuris,Mizo,Nagas etc
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Its a recent trend, I see it in facebook...I am sure there are both good and bad reasons behind this...but I just wanted to point out that here in IFN, we try not to follow that, right? IFN is a  small community and its only about football and atleast here  we can atleast try (or pretend) to be sane.<div><br></div><div>Honestly, every post sometimes saying 'this is gay', 'this is mainland', 'this is  dumb'...is not leaving a good taste...its like going to this niche facebook groups where everyone abusing opponents and coming up with topics of no apparent value...lets not make IFN the same...</div>
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The difference is that on facebook you can do all this or see this and then leave that group or page and move on to the next one. Here though you can't. This is the only Indian football dedicated forum (that is very active at least) so we should try to stay as "equal" as possible even if that is not what you believe in.<br><div><br></div><div>Leave your personal opinions about "Mainland India" or whatever to yourself and off this forum.</div>
  • AkoiAkoi 2 Points
    Maaf karo bhai log...peeche hi pad gaya..acha ..no mainland, no NE..no north etc its INDIA.