Broadcasting & Sponsors Update

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I just hope they are interested. Right now, from the looks of it, TEN Action get it again, which is not bad but NEO would be better.

<br><div><br></div><div>NEO might go for it...as they now dont have any sporting event in hand other than bundesliga and some top  badminton tournaments and they possess two sporting channels</div><div><br></div><div>so dont be surprised if they come up with a bid for the broadcast right</div>
  • Hmm, we will see. I am really hoping the get the deal.<div><br></div><div>BTW do you know who owns the Premier League rights in India.</div>
    edited July 2012
    Hmm, we will see. I am really hoping the get the deal.<div><br></div><div>BTW do you know who owns the Premier League rights in India.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Both EPL and Laliga rights are owned by ESPN..</div><div><br></div><div>UCL and MLS with ten action</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    Hmm, we will see. I am really hoping the get the deal.<div><br></div><div>BTW do you know who owns the Premier League rights in India.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Both EPL and Laliga rights are owned by ESPN..</div><div><br></div><div>UCL and MLS with ten action</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>MLS on TEN Action!!! Do people stay up at 5 in the morning to watch MLS!</div>
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>MLS on TEN Action!!! Do people stay up at 5 in the morning to watch MLS!</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>not actually...but i think they bought the right to show some football action in the la liga time (they were the broadcaster in 11-12 season)</div><div>retelecast is not actually fun watching so i dont watch usally</div>
  • shankar wrote: »
    shankar wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>not actually...but i think they bought the right to show some football action in the la liga time (they were the broadcaster in 11-12 season)</div><div>retelecast is not actually fun watching so i dont watch usally</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Ah so for MLS it is already taped matches. Okay, makes sense. So ya TEN Action is filled up and if we want to do night matches we have to think who we select.</div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    lets see mayb this year it wil be NEO<br>
    Its time we restart this thread as the league is about to begin 

What NEO sports did in this 11 day tournament which ten action was not not bale to do for entire season??

1) Match analysis:-
    Almost every fans of any sport love to hear from experts on what is expected of the teams before match in pre-match analysis and some analysis of the teams performances in mid break and post match report...

Though not a big renowned name , neo were able to get a decent match analyst in chima okerie which makes it bit good to even hold the stadium even in break at half time..

2)Attracting Advertisers:
    This is something which i think ten action even didnt made the effort to try ....
    while in case of neo prime,in short span of time after acquiring the rights for the tournament they have handful of sponsors in fogg,airtel and also ads of panasonic and vodafone also finding a place in break time which is phenomenal achievement for a channel who are handling an indian football product for the first time!!!

Given the efforts of them visible in these few weeks i would hope they get the deal done for national league too so that we could see this longer time than less attractive ten action...
  • Agree NEO have been great. My only concern is that they continue with what they are doing if they get our rights like the match analysis. They can easily do the Match Analysis for 2 weeks and because its a national tournament. Can they do it for 8 months for Indian club teams?

Also Panasonic is a AIFF sponsor (which is weird because it seems we get no money from the deal) which is why that are on NEO and also who knows if they are retained for I-League.

Other than that I dont see why they cant take us. Seems they only have Bundesliga and Brazilian football so why not. TEN Action is to full now.
  • i think NEO may jump in to cover the i-league this season.... they have many slots for live matches empty...also they surely must have received positive feedback from the ongoing nehru cup.... so hopefully they can work out something, starting right from the federation cup in september.....:-)