Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i am not sure why i am not please of this developements... wither it is due to the fact that it is U16 academy and not u-12/13 or for the fact that Ranjan chowdhury will be leading them who is known to manipulate players age to get wuick results..

Anyway good luck to the development hopefully some top bengali talent comes out of this
    Deb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10058 Points
    @Shankar, you are right. Targeting a lower age group could be more beneficial. I am also for a non-residential football school like set up. Agreed it won't be as productive as a fully residential setup, but would be less expensive and more visible. This would keep the options open for the normal kids. Carrier in sports, if not, academics. All in comfort of home.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    East Bengal Football School of Excellence already has a U-10 team. I have seen them practice on EB ground with my own eyes. They also have a year long U-15 team now.
    shankardeepakcspartaSoham_De
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30147 Points
    If only we had the money to sign Stiven Mendoza!
    Soham_DeSoccerlover
    Even if we had, don't think he would come! We need a proper league first before investing in big names. Till that happens IMO we should invest in infrastructure and youth teanms which thankfully is happening at EB.
    Soham_Dedeepakckartik91
    I knew you would be the first to point it out. I know that logic and common sense forbids it, but at least let me dream about it, even for one night! Ha! Ha! As Yeats once said, 'Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.' 
    In addition to the names of players doing the rounds for the marquee slot, East Bengal are also reportedly in talks with NEUFC's Bruno Arias. But Players like Ranti and Dong want the player to be finalized as soon as possible so that he can join the team in the first week of December and adjust with the other players. The problem seems to be the moolah as every player who is playing well in the ISL is demanding an exorbitant amount of money. So the club is considering other players who are not participating in the ISL. Not a bad idea, I would say.
    deepakcSoham_De
    Dudu could return to EB as a marquee.
    Deb_Bankartik91
    We have had enough of Dudu
    He has done all that he could do
    Next is who?
    Marquee news: Now officials interested in Elano, because they feel that in spite of his age, he can be a factor in the I-League. Other contenders are reportedly Norde and Moura.