Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    It seems its just basic ECG and blood tests....without a medical team doing regular followup & monitoring how much impact do you think it will have??
    munna219777
  • samsam 16526 Points

East Bengal began their first day of pre-season with Iceland-style applause from huge number of supporters on the gallery. Ultras of East Bengal waved loudly at the Sailen Manna stadium gallery at Howrah to give enough enthusiasm for their club today. Trevor James Morgan started first day practice without two foreign players, Do Dong and Calum Angus who are arriving tonight.

It was a huge pleasure for East Bengal players to witness such a huge celebration at the gallery on the first day of their practice. Supporters were trying to influence their team in a Derby-style. Chief Coach of East Bengal Morgan recalled of his Malaysia time seeing these supporters. He said, “When I was coaching in Malaysia I have witnessed this kind of supporters. Five to six thousand supporters used to come and inspire their team on the field. This is good but sometimes this is bad too. In bad times it is pressure on the players. In good times it inspires players.”

Tonight two foreigners are arriving Kolkata to join the team. However, there is no news about Wedson Anselme. The chief coach also could not confirm his arrival. “Tonight Dong and Calum Angus are coming. I don’t know when I will get Wedson. I am not sure about that”, said Morgan.

Along with Do Dong and Calum Angus Goanese goalkeeper Luis Barreto also did not join the practice today. However, this time Gurwinder Siingh is practicing with the team from the beginning. Previous year he was absent due to injury. Morgan said, “He is a very good defender. Previous year he could not play. His presence is very important because he is one of the vital players.”

Morgan today promised to give his best to win the I-league. “That is a different type of tournament than Kolkata league. In between Kolkata League and I-League there is ISL. I know there is huge expectation. I can try what I can try. I will give my best”, said Trevor James Morgan.

The chief coach today confirmed that there will be different team for Futsal League 2016. He said, “This team is not participating in the Futsal League. That is a different kind of game. But the team will be practicing at Kalyani in the residential camp there at that time”.

Apart from a huge number of supporters former Indian winger Syed Rahim Nabi went to witness the first day practice of the East Bengal players.

deepakcBabertoEastBengalPridefootydip
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30179 Points
    East Bengal Ultras had unfurled a banner on the first day of practice, 'If you play in heaven, we would die to support you.' High time that the players and officials understood the sentiments of these supporters.
              On a different note, the delay/uncertainty about the arrival of Wedson is disconcerting. He may be irrelevant to the club's prospects in the CFL but he does need time to come here, settle in and get some match practice with his teammates. We don't want a repeat of what happened with Lukeman and Mendy last year. As it is, we would be getting the fourth foreigner only after the ISL.
    munna219777deepakc
  • samsam 16526 Points
    'If you play in heaven, we would die to support you.'  I have seen this before in EB game probably when I went to Siliguri Derby 
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2978 Points
    It was present against BFC last year at Kanteerava and finally sending the EB and fans with "Go to Heaven. Go to Heaven" chants. MB can pick it up this time around. 
    Deb_Banreddevil87Carbon_14debarghya89
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10065 Points
    No worries, we will send them there, they can witness their beloved club playing as much as they can.
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    You can't send us anywhere, you just ran away again! Firstly from CFL and next from I-League and soon from Football altogether. 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30179 Points
    You cannot send us to heaven, we live there....specially during the derbys when we drub Mohun Bagan
    deepakc