Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

nameWTHeld.. i am curious in your knowledge is there a proper  legal agreemnnt between sponsor and team signed which can be used by either party in case of a court battle or its just signed on a simple paper or its like a gentlemens agreemnet.

Sorry I had missed the comment earlier. The funny thing is that the day they held the conference, there was nothing on paper! Not even the amount to be paid or T&C were there in place. This is how it is in Kolkata football. A lot of things happen on goodwill and mutual understandings
    Some discomfort in East Bengal camp as the team is not happy with Armando's selection policy. He is preferring Abranches ahead of Dika/Mama and Subodh Kumar ahead of Mehtab in the wing and midfield respectively. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yet Abranches has not really played yet and Dika has.
    Armando Colaco has written a piece in a local daily to defend himself. Basically he is saying that he needs a full season to show that he is not only top in Goa but he is the best coach in India. He says that the team he has inherited is not equally fit and the players cannot move in tandem, preventing them from playing pressing football.

He also blames Kolkata fans (should have been banned on this forum!) for expecting direct football from players and expecting to win every match. Also the 'rumors' spread about him that he wants to run away to Goa are wrong as he went home for an important religious event regarding his daughter and could not be there in the derby.

Basically the pressure of fans and media is telling on him :)
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    But dika is flop this,season
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    "He also blames Kolkata fans (should have been banned on this forum!) for expecting direct football from players and expecting to win every match."

this part is provocative or trying to justify somebody.
    Oh please. Can we be a little less offendable? It almost seems like this forum is filled with people who are waiting to knit-pick and get offended. I just mentioned it jocularly on the exact mindset. And BTW, I am a Kolkata football fan too, but I'm sorry, I am not in the easily-offendable club.
  • Coaches certainly have the right to air their views on the perspective and if needed, they r justified to make the supporters see a point - more so since the Kolkata officials cannot! Else Kolkata football will only hv the Derby to talk about, with no National level laurels to speak about.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Shiv-Naresh,the new kit sponsor of Eastbengal

Dempo have Nike
    Lajong & PFC have Adidas
    Bengaluru FC with Puma from next season...

and the so called Biggest Club in Indian football opts for bargain basement Shivnaresh...the same crappy kit that adorns all our impoverished SAI athletes...

This has to be a new low for East Bengal...worse than signing James Moga !