Sponsored named clubs verses City/State named clubs

124»

Comments

• WOAH! This still exists! Its been over a year!

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29245 Points
    Dempo and salgaocar are not corporate clubs but they are named after their founders Dempo sc and salgaocar fc are separate entirety of there companys in goa more people support dempo and salgaocar but less support SCG which have the name of the state I do support city/town named clubs new clubs can do it
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Dempo and salgaocar are not corporate clubs but they are named after their founders Dempo sc and salgaocar fc are separate entirety of there companys in goa more people support dempo and salgaocar but less support SCG which have the name of the state I do support city/town named clubs new clubs can do it
    Perhaps it has to do with the fact that Dempo and Salgaocar are more successful?
    Yes as will as they are old they have deep roots in goa
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Yes as will as they are old they have deep roots in goa
    Exactly. I think that once Sporting Goa establishes there roots in Goa and get success they will take off. Competition in Goa is fierce when it comes to fans... Sporting only joined the party a few years ago really compared to the rest.
    Yes I totally agree with u
  • I am a Supporter of Bengaluru, I do think that only bcoz it has the name of my city, I am able relate myself with the club. If it is lik "JSW FC"...i would have never able to relate myself with the club.

In every home match we are getting support of 5500-6500 fans at the stadium...
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    i support mfc just coz it relates to city where i used to live and which is my fav city..... though it lacks the intention to be at top and is criticized btmany i still feel like defending them coz they represent my fav city

if it was essel fc i wouldnt have given a damn abt them