AIFF-FIFA Academies

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    According to AIFF best 60 players after 2 years make it to Elite Academy and thankfully rest of them will remain with the Academies till 18 and then move to Clubs. B-)

that is good for these players that they will continue to complete a minimum of 4 years with decent facilities before giving their attempt in professional football...
    and these players should mainly be auctioned after their completion of course which would mean clubs got to spend more bucks to get the bright young prospects
    arsenalfan wrote:
    We should also start the I-League U19 Youth League and have the AIFF Elite Academy play in it. Like Australia do with there youth league, they have the Australian Sports Academy playing in it.

if we are coming with u-19 league then the inclusion of academy team is crucial and could be called in the name of arrows only
  • shankar wrote:
    that is good for these players that they will continue to complete a minimum of 4 years with decent facilities before giving their attempt in professional football... and these players should mainly be auctioned after their completion of course which would mean clubs got to spend more bucks to get the bright young prospects

I would not say auctioned off. I would do a draft for them because then the smaller teams that dont have as much money will get the first pick for the best youngsters.
    arsenalfan wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    that is good for these players that they will continue to complete a minimum of 4 years with decent facilities before giving their attempt in professional football... and these players should mainly be auctioned after their completion of course which would mean clubs got to spend more bucks to get the bright young prospects

I would not say auctioned off. I would do a draft for them because then the smaller teams that dont have as much money will get the first pick for the best youngsters.

yea draft will always be good....mistakenly wrote auction...
    yea we need to bring something to shorten the purse of big spending clubs
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    looks like facilities are real good at mumbai according to tweets
    usaindia wrote:
    looks like facilities are real good at mumbai according to tweets
    From my friends who participated in sports competition that took place in fr.agnel campus those facilities were definitely good ..but dont know whther they are up to mark to match a national academy and mainly the Fr agnel officials always support multi sports mainly football and basketball(this game is their main sport)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    edited April 2012
    NATIONAL SHAME AT AIFF-FIFA ACADEMY CAMP :-

New Delhi: The All India Football Federation’s (AIFF) plan to start four academies in the next couple of months suffered a major setback when most of the selected boys were found overage after the medical check-ups in Kalyani, on Friday.

Out of the 120 boys initially shortlisted to select under-14 footballers for the four academies and the Asian Festival in Nepal next month, only 35 to 40 could pass the medical tests, federation sources said. AIFF technical director Robert Bann and instructor of academies Scott ’Donell are currently camping in Kalyani along with eight other Indian coaches.

While the boys born on and after January 1, 1998 were eligible for selection, most of the recruits were found to have submitted false age-proof certificates after the federation bosses decided to make them undergo strict medical tests.

Ironically, all these boys were picked up by the federation-appointed spotters from different AIFF tournaments, including the under-14 festival in Kalyani and the Mir Iqbal Hussain Trophy in Goa. Some boys were also chosen on the basis of their performances in the Subroto Cup tournament for schools in Delhi and the open trials conducted by the AIFF.

“More than Rs 20 lakh has already gone down the drain for this purpose,” said a source in the federation. “Some of these boys are staying in Kalyani at the AIFF’s expense for more than a month now,” he said.

Another official admitted the federation was faced with an extraordinary situation. “Now that close to 80 boys have been rejected because of being overage, it would be difficult to meet the deadline of setting up the academies,” he said.

“We may have to call for fresh trials. The development is also a setback for finalising the team for the Nepal tournament.”

Though the Kalyani incident could easily be termed as the biggest in the case of overage footballers, several such incidents had surfaced in the past few years.

Source :-http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120407/jsp/sports/story_15344581.jsp#.T3_N-JmrBtI

_______________________________________________________________________________

State Associations have blown our chances of doing well in U-17 World Cup by recruiting overage players.HUGE BLOW ON OUR FACE !!!!!!

2012 is a terrible year man, Indian Football seems to be heading nowhere cause God has fucked up everything.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    80 PLAYERS FOUND OVERAGE WTF IS WRONG WITH THE STATE ASSOCIATIONS THEY ARE NOT EVEN SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!

THIS BATCH IS DEFINITELY DOOMED FORGET 2017 U-17 WC AND 2022 QATAR WC. !!

X( :-q ~X( :-L =((
  • disgusting at its worst
    But west zone academy manager announced that around 58 players were asked for trails in pune...so i guess this is gonna affect only east zone....
    but still this is terrible news and not the way of work we expect from the aiff scouts who gotta be keeping all information of the players :-q
  • This is what the Nagaland official said when he said most kids at the BC Roy Trophy were overage and this is exactly why I hate getting youngsters from BC Roy or Mir whatever or even Subroto Cup. Why I will always support us doing a college system so at least we know that all the players are within age.