AIFF-FIFA Academies

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I have told u before guys... one of the reason why we do well in youth level is coz we use over-age players (so just dont blame Pakistan).... many players who are in u22 level are actually not... most footballers have two date of birth...one when his mother gave him birth, other when he (with help of his state association or someone else) was reborn to play at a junior level as he could not manage against his age group guys... this also explains why most footballers in India turn shit when they are nearer to 30s ... I have even heard some one 7 yrs overage than he claims :-S
  • rudra wrote:
    I have told u before guys... one of the reason why we do well in youth level is coz we use over-age players (so just dont blame Pakistan).... many players who are in u22 level are actually not... most footballers have two date of birth...one when his mother gave him birth, other when he (with help of his state association or someone else) was reborn to play at a junior level as he could not manage against his age group guys... this also explains why most footballers in India turn shit when they are nearer to 30s ... I have even heard some one 7 yrs overage than he claims :-S

Fuck broth certificate. We need passports!

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    From now on whenever anyone's getting into any academy (be if FIFA, SAIL-MB , TFA, Pune) medical test to validate age should be compulsory (in the final stages, to cut the costs)...
    same when the national youth squads are selected
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    From now on whenever anyone's getting into any academy (be if FIFA, SAIL-MB , TFA, Pune) medical test to validate age should be compulsory (in the final stages, to cut the costs)...

But you forgot the main point,now when these State Associations,schools etc are selecting overage players the actual players are being ignored !!!

Now AIFF might just select guys from open trials and ones who missed the camp and were in probables.And these guys will not be the best talent available for India.

• ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:

But you forgot the main point,now when these State Associations,schools etc are selecting overage players the actual players are being ignored !!!

Now AIFF might just select guys from open trials and ones who missed the camp and were in probables.And these guys will not be the best talent available for India.

But they would be young and at the age of 14 and under. They can develop FAST!
    edited April 2012
    shankar wrote:
    But west zone academy manager announced that around 58 players were asked for trails in pune...so i guess this is gonna affect only east zone....
    but still this is terrible news and not the way of work we expect from the aiff scouts who gotta be keeping all information of the players :-q

So you mean this is just East and North East ???

But I feel that this was after what happened in Kalyani.Cause according to article all 8 coaches along with Academy,U-14 coach were present there.Those were the best 120 players selected from all over India.

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:

Yeah correct.. i guess we have to live with this.. it would be too much to expect corruption wont be in state associations etc....
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    But west zone academy manager announced that around 58 players were asked for trails in pune...so i guess this is gonna affect only east zone....
    but still this is terrible news and not the way of work we expect from the aiff scouts who gotta be keeping all information of the players :-q

But I feel that this was after what happened in Kalyani.Cause according to article all 8 coaches along with Academy,U-14 coach were present there.Those were the best 120 players selected from all over India.

Check his tweets
    https://twitter.com/#!/ShaileshKarkera

in one tweet he stated
    58 Boys (not 52) will participate in the AIFF Regional Academy - West Zone Final Trials in Pune at Bharatiya Vidyapeeth. #Indianfootball
    All this reminds me of me playing for A.P U-17 and as my experience I can tell you that atleast 100-200 deserving talents snub playing in state teams cause of studies,parental pressure,lack of options playing football as it just hobby for them.

So just Imagine how many good players are not playing for India along with other issues like politics + Overage Issues.Very sad !!!
    ArsenalFan700
    shankar wrote:
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Check his tweets
    https://twitter.com/#!/ShaileshKarkera

in one tweet he stated
    58 Boys (not 52) will participate in the AIFF Regional Academy - West Zone Final Trials in Pune at Bharatiya Vidyapeeth. #Indianfootball

From the article :-
    Out of the 120 boys initially shortlisted to select under-14 footballers for the four academies and the Asian Festival in Nepal next month, only 35 to 40 could pass the medical tests, federation sources said. AIFF technical director Robert Bann and instructor of academies Scott ’Donell are currently camping in Kalyani along with eight other Indian coaches.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120407/jsp/sports/story_15344581.jsp#.T4A1gpmrBtI