AFC cup 2012

Comments

• Hey @somesh can you ask Lynn if I could use cropped versions of his photos for wikipedia. These pictures are in great quality and his work would be noted on wiki if he allows it.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Superb pics!!! These pictures should be there on wiki or on other forums (on permission and due credit to Lynn). These would effeminately improve the popularity of Indian football.
  • ashindiaashindia 9265 Points
    So this sarthak guy from goal.com feels the blame is with Indian players not Savio,so wonder what the scoreline would have been if Savio was Salgaocar SC's coach in this match. 8-}
  • ashindia wrote:
    So this sarthak guy from goal.com feels the blame is with Indian players not Savio,so wonder what the scoreline would have been if Savio was Salgaocar SC's coach in this match. 8-}

Who knows, Sabio is a hypocrite as well. He said that foreigners at striker is ruining the game yet when he managed in I-League he too had foreign strikers!
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    atleast gilbert opened the scoring for indians in this year afc cup
  • usaindia wrote:

yep. Still his stats are pretty weak this season. 10 games and 1 goal in I-League (compared to 17 games and 6 goals last season), 4 games and 1 goal in Fed Cup and 2 games and 1 goal in AFC Cup. I hope this gets Gilbert more playing time.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    usaindia wrote:

yep. Still his stats are pretty weak this season. 10 games and 1 goal in I-League (compared to 17 games and 6 goals last season), 4 games and 1 goal in Fed Cup and 2 games and 1 goal in AFC Cup. I hope this gets Gilbert more playing time.

He is being mostly as a sub thats why. Karim using Francis and Barbosa (and sometimes Ishfaq Ahmed) in the wings, both (Francis and Barbosa) have done well
  • Thats fine but Gilbert has so much more potential. At least loan him out. He needs at least 25 games a season.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Thats fine but Gilbert has so much more potential. At least loan him out. He needs at least 25 games a season.

he is like a supersub for Karim, unlikely to loan him out..anyway loan is hardly in fashion in Indian football (with few exceptions)

• rudra wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Thats fine but Gilbert has so much more potential. At least loan him out. He needs at least 25 games a season.

he is like a supersub for Karim, unlikely to loan him out..anyway loan is hardly in fashion in Indian football (with few exceptions)

By loan I dont mean a EPL-type loan where they loan to a second division I mean to loan him out to a lower I-League club.

Why have him be a super-sub now when he has the potential to be one of the best in India.