AFC cup 2012

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    So Tolgay and Morgan were denied VISA by Iraq. They are not travelling with the team to Iraq for their next AFC Cup match. Thats really bad for EB..FC should do something to shift the match to neutral venue
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    somesh wrote:
    So Tolgay and Morgan were denied VISA by Iraq. They are not travelling with the team to Iraq for their next AFC Cup match. Thats really bad for EB..FC should do something to shift the match to neutral venue
    sucks for eb

• somesh wrote:

why were they denied a visa.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    diplomatic and security issues. Both of them belong to Australia
  • somesh wrote:

Oh, so the chances of an appeal are very small.

Anyway it would then make this match the best opportunity for Robin Singh to show if he is worth his hype and what the chance he will get, at the Asian stage.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    somesh wrote:

WTF

this is an insult...and yes an insult to Indian football...how can they deny visa to staff (that to coach and a player) of an Indian club?
    AFC needs to take steps regarding this
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    somesh wrote:

according to one article i read in DNA that they were not actually denied but were told by their respective embassy to go to iraq at their own risk
    though i dont find the same link here is one similar article which states that they not denied by iraq but just warned by respective country officials
    http://www.inewsone.com/2012/03/25/east-bengal-to-go-without-coach-star-striker-for-afc-cup-match/118388
  • usaindia wrote:
    game day today

Matches:

East Bengal vs Arbil SC (Iraq). Both teams are at the bottom with Arbil having 2 points and Bengal having 0. Arbil drew both teams Bengal lost to. In fact Bengal lost 3-0 to Kazma but Arbil drew 1-1. It will be tough but home field advantage could see Bengal win today.

Salgaocar vs Al-Wehdat (Jordan). Al-Wehdat won there last game against Al-Oruba 2-1. Salgaocar lost to Oruba 1-0. BUT Salgaocar are on hot form in the I-League and they came to a 2-2 draw against Neftchi Farg'ona. I expect a draw from this game 2-2 but Salgaocar could easily win as well if they are focused and if Ryuji is in sync.

Predicted Scores (My opinion):
    East Bengal 1-2 Arbil SC
    Salgaocar 2-2 Al-Wehdat (Salgaocar away from home BTW)
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    so eb have to win this one to stay alive in the competition.

live streams for both matches are available at sportlemon.tv