AFC cup 2012

Comments

• Ash is right. Dempo is only good enough for AFC Cup. Our level of play is more bad than you think and its all because we are afraid to take it to the next level. You see clubs like Mohun Bagan and East Bengal poaching good I-League players... but why not poach top goalscorers or former great defenders from other foreign teams. For example Manuel Exposito who used to be a FC Barcelona B and Athletico Madrid regular is playing for some New Zealand club. He would be so much better than any player we have yet no effort is being made.

My guess for this is that I-League clubs dont want to pay the transfer fee. Notice how all our foreigners came in Free. Well the good foreigners who would do good here would cost money on a fee. That is what happened with Dempo and Theobald but lucky them... they won.

Anyway we wont be AFC Cup good till the I-League clubs start to realize who they are in terms of the rest of Asia and decide to poach to players from the OFC, Africa, MLS etc. We have the money and a few clubs have the history to draw the player. Now its all about the effort to get them.

As for why we are AFC Cup. Well we will not be in the AFC Champions League for a while. That is the AFC's decision and we fail badly. The fact we were in the AFC Champions League for 4 years before still amazes me. As for the Presidents Cup that is only for the League champions of the lower countries. Not second from the semi (which is India). So AFC Cup it is. As for 2nd in league vs 1st in Fed Cup. I think winning the Federation Cup is better than winning 2nd in I-League. End of story.
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    I am getting frustrated with EB strikers misfiring. They are missing a number of good chances already in this match :(

35': East Bengal could have gone up here, but the Arbil goalie, Farhalk, produces a stunning save to deny Raju Gaekwad's long range effort. And then Baljit Sahni misses a golden chance as he fails to get a touch on Robin Singh's excellent center. East Bengal have upped their ante here.

Source: http://www.liveindianfootball.netne.net/1_46_AFC-Cup-2012-East-Bengal-vs-Arbil-SC-Live-Commentary-Updates-Score-Streaming.html
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Utpal wrote:
    I am getting frustrated with EB strikers misfiring. They are missing a number of good chances already in this match :(

35': East Bengal could have gone up here, but the Arbil goalie, Farhalk, produces a stunning save to deny Raju Gaekwad's long range effort. And then Baljit Sahni misses a golden chance as he fails to get a touch on Robin Singh's excellent center. East Bengal have upped their ante here.

Source: http://www.liveindianfootball.netne.net/1_46_AFC-Cup-2012-East-Bengal-vs-Arbil-SC-Live-Commentary-Updates-Score-Streaming.html

Fortunately Abril is not playing well but unfortunately E.B players seem to be not interested go further in competition.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Its away match and EB doing decently...
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    edited April 2012
    rudra wrote:
    Its away match and EB doing decently...

I thought it was Salt Lake Stadium which I saw during the match.
  • UtpalUtpal 0 Points
    It's EB's home match.
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    that was close....best chance for eb should hv utilized that
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    :-B

Oh then they need to win!!!!