Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• samsam 16430 Points
    I read the media reports today about yesterday's meeting and don't know why I have a strange hunch that these AIFF officials are in so much hurry that in the quick merging process will be a disaster, I League won't develop and ISL will die. I understand that ISL is too some extent a tamasha but nobody can deny the fact that world media is talking about Indian football now, this many promising young foreigners are coming. Yes, our NT is performing badly, but is ISL responsible for that alone. Proper planning is required. Quick merger within next 1-2 years will be bad for both the leagues and Indian football as a whole.
    atuljg
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The national team has been performing badly since 2012, more than 2 years before ISL.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    the amount of ignorance and exagerration of ISL killing indian football in this forum is naseuating to dangerous proportions.
    dhritiman7reddevil87atuljgEastBengalPrideAKB
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The idea right now is that the ISL (and IMG-Reliance) are working to kill Indian football by forcing the I-League to fold, other state competitions to remain lower than them, kill the national team by making them shit, and thus they will be the only football on show in India for their friends. They want to be the only football on show and eventually they will be a foreigner only league with no Indians and Indian football will die.
    munna219777deepakc
  • samsam 16430 Points
    ISL is not the only factor behind the bad performance of our NT, that's what I tried to mean
    dhritiman7
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    let me try sarcasm too.. IMG are like east india company who came to trade and eventually became our masters!!! public lynching needs to be done!!!

frankly they (IMG) needs to be kicked out with just the reason they think robin and rino anto are worth 51 , 90 lakhs respectively.
    deepakcAKB
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    I don't blame ISL for bad performance of national team. But remember one fact IMG - Reliance is the marketing partner of AIFF. Not only of ISL. Our main concern is the step-motherly treatment to other aspects of Indian Football like I league, fed cup, national team etc. See if we had only one league, then our season must have started by now, players would have been fit, playing under two different Coaches with different vision, tactics in a same season doesn't help a player ( he may be used in different position by different Coaches ), some players reportedly are also keeping themselves free of injury / fresh to take part in ISL ( so not giving 100% in NT ).
    No one is saying that performance of NT is completely due to ISL. Truth is our current set of players are incapable. Then again, recent turmoils in Indian Football has taken part in current results. Otherwise we should have won against Guam atleast.
    munna219777Deb_BandeepakcarchakEastBengalPride
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/tech/ites/after-hcls-manchester-united-deal-wipro-to-wear-chelsea-jersey-as-its-digital-partner/articleshow/48789847.cms

FFS, Only if these IT giants could help fan experience in India!! You want step motherly treatment? This is an example where IT giants of India would rather do and help clubs in Europe rather than offer even a token advice to improve Indian football.
    atuljgDeb_BangaffertapeEastBengalPrideAKB
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Please understand that the IT giants are not helping European clubs. They are helping themselves. Attaching themselves with the likes of ManU or Chelsea certainly gives more mileage than attaching with Kerala Blasters or Aizawl FC. Hard-nosed business decision, no patriotism or emotions here, and rightly so.
    The real AGreddevil87atuljgfootydipmunna219777rudranamewtheldarchakEastBengalPride
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited September 2015
    @DX Market of Wipro is in Foreign countries. They take outsourcing contracts in foreign countries and send it back to India. Cheap Labour in India as 1 dollar = 66 Rupees. They are arketing themselves there. They are not bidding for any Indian contract by aligning themselves with Indian Football.
    Deb_Banatuljg