Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    edited February 2015
    Don't know where to put this so I will put it here...

This is for those who are wondering how a pretty decent youth academy operates or those who think it is so easy. The third video from from New York City FC's match in Manchester at the Manchester City Academy Stadium... notice how that stadium would be considered world-class as an I-League venue.

• preetampreetam 870 Points
    so on that case baichung bhutia will play in EB u19 team to prove his fitness :-)
  • ashindiaashindia 9264 Points
    Thats Danny Tanveer Bathh in 2nd video.
    More stadium videos... this one will be done by 2018 with a capacity of 17,500.

• NaujawanNaujawan 1609 Points
    How does the Forum feel about 

1 No Foreigner rule in Second Division?

2.Allowing NRI quota for I league? (Hypothetical Situation)
    Didn't we already have an NRI or PIO rule in the I-League before? Also, no on the foreigner rule. Didn't seem to affect the 2nd Division last edition.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

The NRI quota was introduced with the idea that they could be included to national team,... but as soon as central government made strict rules against sportspersons without indian passport to represent our nation, this rule was removed...

• munna219777munna219777 28514 Points
    Why do they need NRI Quota? It should be either Indian or Foreign citizen. An Indian with Foreign passport can play as a Foreigner if he has talent like Arata Izumi came on Japan Passport. Why do they need a reservation of NRI spot so that some mediocre NRI player can come? If he has talent, he can come as a Foreigner.
    http://www.ussoccer.com/coaching-education/resources/2015-player-development-initiatives

I am showing this off, not because I believe that India needs to follow this (although, a lot of what is in here could be very beneficial) but because there is something else I believe should happen in the country. MLS is governed by itself. Same with other leagues like NASL and USL. Same with the USL PDL and NPSL and so on. The USSF (US Soccer Fed) are more in with youth development and organizing tournaments such as the US Open Cup (American version of FA Cup).

Would it not be a good idea to just allow the ISL to do what it does but try to see if they can ever expand their season and have the AIFF devote their time and money into youth development and semi-professional football in the country?
    shankar
  • samsam 16445 Points
    ISL and I League, if these two merges, which is almost certain now from 2017-18 season, can we speculate what will happen to ATK? I real like the ATM connection to continue and help developing our footballers. EB and MB has agreed on the merger. Goa will have a single team probably.