Suggestions for Indian Football

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @ashindia They already said that there will be one league soon and owners have said that a longer ISL would lead to more revenue coming in. Things so far have sorta gone their way so far so I will hope this will as well but we need to have patience.
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Ash no chance haveing a single league though kashul das is saying there will be one league in 3 to 5 years I donot believe him I am expecting isl will continue to 2025 if img get their 700 crores back then only they will close isl only god can save India football =;
    deepakcDeb_Ban
    Come on, it is stupid to say that IMG-Reliance don't know that we will eventually need a longer league. It is just so obvious that eventually it will need to be done. And the potential to get 700 crores back is better with a longer league... there is better chance for more popularity, respect etc from participating in Asian competition, actually developing Indian football at the top level, and doing youth development.

Seriously, the positives if IMG-Reliance can successfully create a longer league are countless and surely they would not waste such an opportunity. Last season was a test year, the I-League did not prove to be a good meter of where Indian football was at, sponsors were iffy on how the ISL would do, and in the end expectations were surpassed.

Be patient with this league and maybe, perhaps, you guys will be pleasantly surprised at what comes of it.
    kartik91atuljgDX
  • kartik91kartik91 Delhi1139 Points
    I league could never do the stuff isl does. Without getting into technical details , it has led to interest in urban indian youth which no club barring mmb,keb and bfc could do. 18-25 bracket which only cared about europe now has there own indian favourites. ISL deserves credit .
    atuljgDX
    It does but then one of the arguments from the anti-ISL side is that this could have been done in the I-League, and clubs like Pune and Shillong Lajong did try to do that but the overall image of the I-League remained the same, which is what needed to be changed.
    atuljg
    Lets be honest here, ISL got some big names from all over world to play in india.this is what led to people taking interest. Only once they started following guys like jhingan, balwant ,rehenesh,cavin lobo and many other indians caught the general people's eye and overtime became favourites which is only good.
    atuljg
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    That's the perception and not fact. There is a reason why guys like Baljt Sahni Rehenesh are/would be clubless. Balwant cant even make it to the NT. ISL masks the true picture of Indian football's condition and gives a feel good factor. Which is great in normal circumstances but we are getting beaten by Guam at senior level and by Bangladesh at junior levels. Almost 100+ Indian footballers would be jobless post ISL.

The glamour and glitz may grab eyeballs but the tangible benefits are none from a 3 month private league which has completely thrown the football calendar off balance and threatens to render scores of players jobless in a country ranked in the 150s.
    munna219777deepakc
    Buddy ISL started last year. Certainly one year of isl couldn't have resulted in these bad results.while i understand your concern which is fair but maybe the two leagues merge in future to give us the best of both worlds!
    Ya, India's bad performances internationally have been going on since long before the ISL but because of the ISL, people have started to blame it solely, however, he does have a point with the jobless players. Although these players that are without a team are not really notable, they are still going to struggle to get on a good team that would pay them enough to make a living... although this is where I feel the FPAI have failed as it is a players association's job to help players with jobs, getting used to life after football etc.

The Sahni/Rehenesh thing I won't go for. It was only year one so there will be some surprises. Baljit Sahni was not even that good last season in ISL while Rehenesh is an enigma to me. Balwant Singh did not make the squad for India, ya, but somehow a goalkeeper with only 5 caps in the last 3 seasons did so I don't care about that. Each season will bring about new players who step up and also make some players disappear. This season could be different as we have the best Indians in the league now.
    I hope it is...the more we discuss about indian footballers the more this league truly becomes 'Indian'