EK Nayanar Memorial Gold Cup

167891012»

Comments

• Air India 5-1 Southern Samity, Ezeh scored 2 goals.

So we have 2 office teams facing each other in the final ;))
  • Air India 5-1 Southern Samity, Ezeh scored 2 goals.

So we have 2 office teams facing each other in the final ;))

What are you implying here Somnath ;)

Anyway, I think I can now support BN Railways in this one. Air India is still one of the worst clubs in I-League. The only thing good about them is how they are on the field. Hope they fold after this season or at least AIFF take action against them.
  • Full time - BNR 3-2 Air India.

I know this will not get any media coverage but for me this is on the same scale as CU winning Durand Cup (once you adjust the scales that is ;)). No one expected them to win with so many I-League teams fielding strong squads.

Good stuff.

Oh by the way, from live commentary

A streaker runs into the pitch
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    What! A streaker in that game. Somebody tell him/her not to waste time and talent. Ask him to do it in a kirket match
  • EK Nayanar tournament is acting as the FA Cup of India. A cup where random state teams compete and cause upsets.

That is what we want with the Federation Cup.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    EK Nayanar tournament is acting as the FA Cup of India. A cup where random state teams compete and cause upsets.

So here we have a team which upset back to back i-league teams...this is the reason why we need a FA cup with a minimum of 5-6 round

should be a great tournament to watch and to see some unlikely winners picking it up as they would be more interested in this tournament given the huge prize money and media attraction as well
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    EK Nayanar tournament is acting as the FA Cup of India. A cup where random state teams compete and cause upsets.

So here we have a team which upset back to back i-league teams...this is the reason why we need a FA cup with a minimum of 5-6 round

should be a great tournament to watch and to see some unlikely winners picking it up as they would be more interested in this tournament given the huge prize money and media attraction as well

I was thinking more of an FFA Cup (Football Federation Australia Cup) which is still yet to be played in Australia but looking at there format it seems good.

Basically they will start the tournament at Round 1. Round 1 will only feature state teams. These state teams would face 1 team within there state in a 2 leg round. Only the top division of that state can join the AIFF Cup. (So the Goa Pro League teams can play but not the Goa 2nd Division) Also there is no AFC Criteria which needs to be fulfilled. The only requirement is that you should be in the 1st Division of your state.

Also not all 29 top state leagues should be given a shot. Only the 10 best state leagues (for the first couple of years) should be allowed. (Nagaland Premier League, Bangalore Super Division, Goa Professional League, Delhi Super League, Kolkata Football League, Maha League, Kerala State Championship (Top 10 teams), Sikkim Super Division, Shillong Premier League, J&K Football League)

Then after that they go to the 2nd Round (The 26 winners) + 6 I-League teams. (32 teams overall)

Round 3 would be 16 winners + 8 I-League teams (24 teams) and go on from there is some mathematical way

(Please dont mind the horrible format, did this in short time)