Other Sports

Comments

• Why are you guys hating on Cricket. I love this sport. Its amazing! I even started working on US Cricket Wikipedia articles. US Cricket is like our football... shit and corrupt and yet its amazing.

I even loved how during the World Cup I would wake up at 3:30 in the morning just to watch a game with my dad. I even loved when I stayed home just to see India play Pakistan. Those are the days.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Why are you guys hating on Cricket. I love this sport. Its amazing! I even started working on US Cricket Wikipedia articles. US Cricket is like our football... shit and corrupt and yet its amazing.

I even loved how during the World Cup I would wake up at 3:30 in the morning just to watch a game with my dad. I even loved when I stayed home just to see India play Pakistan. Those are the days.

no one hates the game cricket we just hate the way every one here in india is inclined too much to this sport than any
  • shankar wrote:
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Why are you guys hating on Cricket. I love this sport. Its amazing! I even started working on US Cricket Wikipedia articles. US Cricket is like our football... shit and corrupt and yet its amazing.

no one hates the game cricket we just hate the way every one here in india is inclined too much to this sport than any

well said @shankar

• Still. I hate when I go on Facebook and people cursing the sport. Now you all know what it is like being a Soccer fan in America and having 4 SPORTS! YES 4 SPORTS! Ahead of football.
  • http://www.indianexpress.com/news/efli-ropes-in-sandy-grossman-to-direct-games-broadcasts/928110/

I still hate this sport BUT just goes to show you that if you can create a good marketed league with good structure that is willing to develop and work by the book people will jump in to help.

Of course not the case with Indian Football (Soccer) where are structure is shit. 14 teams all losing money, 2 teams getting relegated (usually the ones that care for marketing), no champions trophy, unable to play in the AFC Champions League, bad 2nd Division. I can go on but this explains it all.

The Indian Premier League, World Series Hockey and now (sad to admit this) Elite Football League of India are ahead of us! Time for the All India Football Federation to get up and do something. It has been 16 years.

A-League, MLS, J.League and I-League all started around the same time (A-League was 2005 actually) and yet the I-League is 16 years later far, far behind. Look at the IPL and WSH. IPL is 5 years old, WSH is not even a year old and yet they can kill 16 year old I-League 100 times if they wanted.

Something needs to be done... NOW!
    arsenalfan wrote:
    http://www.indianexpress.com/news/efli-ropes-in-sandy-grossman-to-direct-games-broadcasts/928110/

I still hate this sport BUT just goes to show you that if you can create a good marketed league with good structure that is willing to develop and work by the book people will jump in to help.

Of course not the case with Indian Football (Soccer) where are structure is shit. 14 teams all losing money, 2 teams getting relegated (usually the ones that care for marketing), no champions trophy, unable to play in the AFC Champions League, bad 2nd Division. I can go on but this explains it all.

The Indian Premier League, World Series Hockey and now (sad to admit this) Elite Football League of India are ahead of us! Time for the All India Football Federation to get up and do something. It has been 16 years.

A-League, MLS, J.League and I-League all started around the same time (A-League was 2005 actually) and yet the I-League is 16 years later far, far behind. Look at the IPL and WSH. IPL is 5 years old, WSH is not even a year old and yet they can kill 16 year old I-League 100 times if they wanted.

Something needs to be done... NOW!

seems to be that these guys are getting into some real business now ....with the league slated in 2012 end i guess it is gonna be a good start for the game in india
    i just wish it dont push indian football back out of top 3 after cricket and hockey
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basketball_In_India

BFI and IMG are planning to come with their league in 4 years, which i assume is obvious...but more interesting is the statement in this wiki page that they are planning to organise their own school and college leagues as well
    is it gonna happen???if so are IMG guys having similar plan for football as well???this could be interesting to know for me
  • http://www.thesportscampus.com/2012032720123/the-business-of-sports/iconic-salt-lake-stadium-to-host-inaugural-season-of-elite-football-league-of-india

NO! WHY MUST THIS SHIT HAPPEN AGAINST INDIAN FOOTBALL! WHY CANT THIS SPORT STAY BEHIND! FIRST THE BALWADI THEN SALT LAKE! DID THE WEST BENGAL MINISTER LOSE HIS BRAIN (seriously, he said American Football was the best and most famous game in the world, really?)

DAMN ITNKSDBFIBOISGHUIDGISGBUIDBGIRIGUBITBGIYBDYIXBGUTYYGBURTYSGBSIGBERYIVTRVETVFTEISVISFVISVGSURGVSIGPOOPFJHRBGYBRSUGBTUDGVSVGVUSVBGYBSVUGBUSUGYSVU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    arsenalfan wrote:
    http://www.thesportscampus.com/2012032720123/the-business-of-sports/iconic-salt-lake-stadium-to-host-inaugural-season-of-elite-football-league-of-india

NO! WHY MUST THIS SHIT HAPPEN AGAINST INDIAN FOOTBALL! WHY CANT THIS SPORT STAY BEHIND! FIRST THE BALWADI THEN SALT LAKE! DID THE WEST BENGAL MINISTER LOSE HIS BRAIN (seriously, he said American Football was the best and most famous game in the world, really?)

DAMN ITNKSDBFIBOISGHUIDGISGBUIDBGIRIGUBITBGIYBDYIXBGUTYYGBURTYSGBSIGBERYIVTRVETVFTEISVISFVISVGSURGVSIGPOOPFJHRBGYBRSUGBTUDGVSVGVUSVBGYBSVUGBUSUGYSVU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the game which was not given any response from rest of world other than US is on its way to worsen the worlds most famous game , real football in india with their growing work to get all decent infrastructure available for football(soccer) ~X(
  • I would prefer rugby & want to see them playing against new zealand, they perform haka to instill fear on opponents..
    I can't wait to see Indians do