Other Sports

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    rudra wrote:
    Today is 2nd April, 1 yr ago India won the cricket world cup

And that night I was forced to watch the match by my friends and somewhat ended-up celebrating like a cricket crazy fan
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:

And that night I was forced to watch the match by my friends and somewhat ended-up celebrating like a cricket crazy fan

i watched both semi final and final and hoped that we will lose (what a traitor I am :P )...Didn't celebrate..smiled at my friends to show I am quite happy with the win!!!!
    Next day after waking up late, I headed straight to watch HAL vs Arrows (first time I say them playing) and that ended up into my first article (and the article I enjoyed most - http://www.indianfootballnetwork.com/blog/2011/04/04/indianarrows_in_bangalore/ ). Interestingly after the match I have always supported and cheered for HAL (unless the opponent is MB)

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ashindia wrote:
    rudra wrote:

i always wanted the 2003 WC team to pick the trophy then after was never interested to see them lifting one...in fact i was one of the few who was telling that india is gonna win the WC because it is fixed and india ghar ka sher hai jo bahar jayega to billi ban jata hai
    but still when we won i was celebrating because of the environment i was in...all seemed to be extremely patriotic...everyone were riding bike also by waving national flag was some good experience on that day!!
  • ipl started..now what about I league?
    from tomorrow begins boxing qualifiers for asian zone.....6 indian boxers will aim for the spot...
    i just wish 2-4 boxers at least make it to london [-O<
    shankar wrote:
    from tomorrow begins boxing qualifiers for asian zone.....6 indian boxers will aim for the spot...

Man we are among the best in Asia,more than 4 will easily qualify, main hurdle will be Chinese.
    ipl started..now what about I league?

did you saw the inaugural match???there was the answer in vacant seats in highly cricket crazy city chennai when it was sachin who was playing....
    no in next 2-3 seasons they would be losing more plots and could be made available for other sports to take it and we just need to wish that those spots are filled by football as well(as hockey seems to be getting way ahead of football in recent times and aiff need to do lot of picking to bring football closer)
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Man we are among the best in Asia,more than 4 will easily qualify, main hurdle will be Chinese.
    yea we are among the best in boxing still making it to finals in heavy weight is gonna be really tough as there are very few spots available through last qualifying stage...so only i see maximum of 5 but still think minimum of 3 boxers should make it
    edited April 2012
    shankar wrote:

did you saw the inaugural match???there was the answer in vacant seats in highly cricket crazy city chennai when it was sachin who was playing....
    no in next 2-3 seasons they would be losing more plots and could be made available for other sports to take it and we just need to wish that those spots are filled by football as well(as hockey seems to be getting way ahead of football in recent times and aiff need to do lot of picking to bring football closer)

Cricket is shit man nobody watches,atleast from my friends circle I can say that IPL is the last thing they would waste their time on.They only watch NT matches that to important tournament.Football is much more popular.

Also IPL charges(tickets) too much for the shit they display at NT level so who the fuck would pay 1000-3000 bucks for pot belly buffoons when they can hangout with their GF.
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:

Cricket is shit man nobody watches,atleast from my friends circle I can say that IPL is the last thing they would waste their time on.They only watch NT matches that to important tournament.Football is much more popular.

Also IPL charges(tickets) too much for the shit they display at NT level so who the fuck would pay 1000-3000 bucks for pot belly buffoons when they can hangout with their GF.

cant agree more with ticket prices at least....
    and mainly if we can get the same experience from a hockey/football match by paying just 100 bucks why would any pay huge money...