Unknown Clubs

Comments

• shastri fc tied unitedpunjabfc.com
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://shastrifc.com/our-academies.html"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://shastrifc.com/our-academies.html</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is this even a senior football club.

• Heard about this team on facebook. Really good team, battle between Eagles FC and Wayand FC now.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    very nice webpage
    i-league should learn from these clubs,marketing and e shop
  • very nice webpage
    i-league should learn from these clubs,marketing and e shop

Its funny how all these clubs are not even in the I-League 2nd Division and have better websites than I-League clubs. And they also sell there merchandise.
  • Hey guys looks like Delhi United FC were going for the I-League 2nd Division but where rejected.

Facebook status from November 21 2011... "DUFC is going to submit their case for I-League, IInd division.
    Lets hope for the best..."

Sadly the best never came and they were rejected. I find it hard to believe how many weird clubs made the league but Delhi United FC did not. They have an Academy, UEFA licensed coach (B I think), A licensed AFC Coach, They just won there state league. I find it stupid really.

BTW here is there facebook... http://www.facebook.com/DELHIUNITEDFOOTBALLCLUB?sk=wall

Well lets hope that United Sikkim and Royal Wahingdoh get promoted this season (HAL and Chirag relegated) and Eagles FC and Delhi United FC be promoted in 2013 (Air India and Pailan disbanded)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    ya it is really shocking to see the champions of capital city denied the permission while clubs line ongc who are yet to fulfill main criteria of privatising being allowed in final round.. X(
  • shankar wrote:
    ya it is really shocking to see the champions of capital city denied the permission while clubs line ongc who are yet to fulfill main criteria of privatising being allowed in final round.. X(

Yep exactly. Lets hope that for next year if AIFF want to keep pro/rel which they will most likely do they better really look at the clubs and how many there are. I think 10 in the 1st Division and 8 in the 2nd Division should do it...

I-League: Dempo SC, Sporting Goa, East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Mumbai FC, Pune FC, United Sikkim FC, Shillong Lajong FC, Royal Wahingdoh FC, North Bengal United FC

I-League 2nd Division: Vasco SC, Nagaland Champions, Delhi United FC, Eagles FC, Hyderabad Globe FC, Bangalore Kickers FC (if they can), Mohammedan SC, (Random club)
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Hyderabad Globe FC will be trying to get a place in I-league 2nd Division 2013.This is according to an article published by DC Hyderabad edition.
  • ashindia wrote:
    Hyderabad Globe FC will be trying to get a place in I-league 2nd Division 2013.This is according to an article published by DC Hyderabad edition.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see it now... 8->

2012: Relegated from I-League: HAL and Chirag.
    Promoted from I-League 2nd Division: United Sikkim FC and Royal Wahingdoh FC.

2013: Relegated from I-League: Air India and (one of the Goan or Kolkata clubs, I will say Churchill Brothers based on recent events)
    Promoted from I-League 2nd Division: Hyderabad Globe FC and Delhi United FC

Then in the 2013-14 I-League...
    Dempo SC, Salgaocar SC, Sporting Goa, East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Pailan Arrows, North Bengal United FC, United Sikkim FC, Royal Wahingdoh FC, Shillong Lajong FC, Mumbai FC, Pune FC, Hyderabad Globe FC, and Delhi United FC.

That makes this number of clubs per city/region/state...
    3 in Kolkata
    3 in Goa
    3 in the North East
    2 in Maharashtra (1 in Mumbai and 1 in Pune)
    1 in Hyderabad
    1 in North Bengal
    1 in Delhi

That is 7 regions being represented in I-League and around 8 cities represented in the 14 team league.