Unknown Clubs

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> shankar said:
    > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > New football club in Bangalore and South India....
    > >
    > > South United Football Club
    > >
    > > Website: http://southutdfc.com/index.php
    > > League: Bangalore Super Division
    > > Founded: 2012
    > > Owners: Lokko Sports Pvt. Ltd
    > >
    > > Opinion: Nice. Represents all of South India (I am guessing). Hope they play in the I-League 2nd Division.
    >
    >

Is it the same team abhishek yadav signed???because there was rumour that he singned some newly formed south based club and incidently dont find a place in Mumbai fc roster too..so got a doubt

If he is then we have to say he is the biggest indian signing so far

No!
    Team list

Goalkeeper: Harpreet Singh (United Sikkim FC), Kaleel SM (DYSS)

Defender: Shiva Kumar (KGF Academy), Rahul Sharma (Green Valley Sports Club), Gourshankar Dutta (Prayag United), Edwin (DYSS), Barun Oraon, Jayanta Rajbansi (KGF Academy) 

Midfielder: VR Murugappan (KGF Academy), Amoes (KGF Academy), M Madhukaran (KGF Academy), Manivanan (ADE), Sunil Kumar, Solai Malai, Abubakar (Students Union), Michael (DYSS)

Forward: Stephen (KGF Academy), Gopi (Postal), Rajkiran (ADE), Sridhar (ADE), Subhash R

• You dont have the shout at us Rudra, we are right here (around 7000 miles away).

• shankarshankar 2600 Points

> rudra said:
    > > shankar said:
    > > > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > New football club in Bangalore and South India....
    > > >
    > > > South United Football Club
    > > >
    > > > Website: http://southutdfc.com/index.php
    > > > League: Bangalore Super Division
    > > > Founded: 2012
    > > > Owners: Lokko Sports Pvt. Ltd
    > > >
    > > > Opinion: Nice. Represents all of South India (I am guessing). Hope they play in the I-League 2nd Division.
    > >
    > >

Is it the same team abhishek yadav signed???because there was rumour that he singned some newly formed south based club and incidently dont find a place in Mumbai fc roster too..so got a doubt

If he is then we have to say he is the biggest indian signing so far

>
    >

No!
    Team list

Goalkeeper: Harpreet Singh (United Sikkim FC), Kaleel SM (DYSS)

Defender: Shiva Kumar (KGF Academy), Rahul Sharma (Green Valley Sports Club), Gourshankar Dutta (Prayag United), Edwin (DYSS), Barun Oraon, Jayanta Rajbansi (KGF Academy) 

Midfielder: VR Murugappan (KGF Academy), Amoes (KGF Academy), M Madhukaran (KGF Academy), Manivanan (ADE), Sunil Kumar, Solai Malai, Abubakar (Students Union), Michael (DYSS)

Forward: Stephen (KGF Academy), Gopi (Postal), Rajkiran (ADE), Sridhar (ADE), Subhash R

So did they almost over take KGF academy???but good thing is that they went for most local players and i think they should get some good u-19 players from last seasons u-19 league at least from final round...they could help the team give a hope for bright future
  • Bangalore gets new pro football club

BANGALORE: With the launch of South United Football Club (SUFC) on Thursday, Bangalore will have a new private professional football club for the coming season. The club, owned by Lokko Sports, was formed to address the need for more professional clubs in Bangalore, the owners said.

• > Ashlesh said:
    > question is will these team from delhi (delhi united ) and South united will sustain on long term basis coz 1st they wont be able to play in league which run for 8 months 

second we have seen few example in past new delhi heroes which even qualified for federation cup once now no where in the seen apparently heard them got thrashing by Cameroon in practice match 
    second we have examples of viva kerala 
    are this club financial stable or they just going to make buzz for some time 

They will make it. You could say the same thing about Mumbai FC and all of them, Mumbai Football League is almost the same as the Bangalore Super Division. United Sikkim play in a small Sikkim Football League.

The biggest example is Pune FC and the Pune Super Division which is exactly the same as what Delhi and South United have. If they really want to be in I-League then they will do it. Pune FC is the best example of that.
  • How much do you know about the people who run South United. I will be honest, I dont know myself but I bet, with the players they have acquired, with the way they have started, that they have money and backing. Delhi United is a different case. Best team from Delhi, they have a few companies which are keeping them alive. They have a CEO of a small company and with a little more backing can possibly make a name for themselves.

• > Ashlesh said:
    > even we know football is not yet profitable in India even big bucks teams like dempo : penesulla(pune) essar(mumbai fc) find it difficult to get revenue even few days back pune fc owner said its difficult to run the club 

USFC is different case they had bhutia but wat abt these two clubs 

Football does not need to be profitable yet. Do you know that it took 13 years for the first MLS team to make a profit from there investment. Again, I say this all the time, we aim to high for our own good. You want profit but you need to know it will take time.

The saying "You gotta spend money to make money". The clubs are spending but the problem is the AIFF and the way they are running the revenue streams but also you have to put blame on the clubs. Somebody tell me about the small crowds, someone tell me about why we have teams playing in stadiums that are not only to far from where the teams are but some are also playing in stadiums were the capacity is to big. Someone tell me where all the fan-fare is. You want a profit but you need to get these things done first. 
  • > Ashlesh said:
    > a club in India if start to think about getting stadium done n all other things in place they have to spend million of rupees and club now in India are sustain mainly for their passion for football not a business so complete blame should go on federation 

Clubs need to be blamed as well. 
  • I believe in the potential. We saw Delhi gather huge crowds for Nehru Cups in 2007 and 2009. There was a huge crowd for the FIFA World Cup Qualifier. If you market the team well and to the right people you can get a crowd. If it starts at 3,000 then okay, gradually it shall rise. We dont EPL 25,000-40,000 people a game. Bangalore is the same, you need to know how to get the word out, if you can do that then gradually you should get the people. Again I could care less if it is 3,000 at first. Just the fact that Delhi and Bangalore would have a team with that amount of people would be a success. A success you can build on. We need to spread the game and that my friend is the best thing.

As for Lokko Sports, they are based in Mumbai, have a small firm in the UK but they are a young company. They have a long-term plan which is good but like you said, every does, but I think they can do it. Just a quick look at the company can tell you they are serious. Delhi United is currently the big fish in a small pond in Delhi.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Wow, two years later and Bangalore now has a club with 5,000 more fans that I wanted... love it!