Players you want to see in East Bengal next session.

Comments

• imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    archak wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    imsourav wrote:
    in my shopping list there are few- francis xavier(southern), manirul (mds), prabir das(arrows), milan singh(on loan in arrows), manandeep singh(air india), jagroop singh(prayag), joaqim abranches(dempo), jerry zirsanga(churchill), dhyanchandra singh(mumbai fc)

bhai ur shopping list looks very cost effective... EB recruiters will be very pleased with this list :)

jagroop the goalkeeper na?? eb has decent cover in that position why go for another goalkeeper??

actually I can't see eb officials retaining sandip for yet another season. And in my view jagroop is tall young and very promising custodian. It's worth trying for him
  • imsourav wrote:
    archak wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    imsourav wrote:
    in my shopping list there are few- francis xavier(southern), manirul (mds), prabir das(arrows), milan singh(on loan in arrows), manandeep singh(air india), jagroop singh(prayag), joaqim abranches(dempo), jerry zirsanga(churchill), dhyanchandra singh(mumbai fc)

bhai ur shopping list looks very cost effective... EB recruiters will be very pleased with this list :)

jagroop the goalkeeper na?? eb has decent cover in that position why go for another goalkeeper??

actually I can't see eb officials retaining sandip for yet another season. And in my view jagroop is tall young and very promising custodian. It's worth trying for him

Surely as a 2nd Keeper. Of course though it depends on whether he would take a pay cut. If he wants the same next season then cut him.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    edited April 2012
    @arsenalfan sandip is 38 surely past his prime. I won't be surprised if TJM scrapes him from his list
  • imsourav wrote:
    @arsenalfan sandip is 38 surely past his prime. I won't be surprised if TJM scrapes him from his list

38 is not bad for a keeper and he looked good in the Bengal game on Friday
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    Sandeep is doing good; but surely he is not the one he was 7-8 years earlier Keeping him as first goalkeeper is risky. If he get injured he might not recover. But, he is good enough as a back up. Gurpreet will be good with little maturity.

In defence Raju Gaikowad- Arnab Mondal combination will be the best in Country. Uga Opara is good for Indian standard but he is not very sound technically. But, he is very committed to the team.

Lalrindika, Sanju Pradhan will be in my list surely. Manirul Mollah (Md Sporting) and Sumit Oraon (George) will be very cost effective. Given opportunity these two guys can put many top players in challenge.

In Up front, Baljit is to be substituted with manadeep. Robin must be retained. His weaknesses (right foot and casual approach) can be modified which will make him most lethal striker in India.
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    ANY GUESS FROM ANYBODY FOR THE SEASON 2014-15?
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Personally I think, in terms of foreigners and coach, East Bengal need to invest in a good coach first. A good coach will be able to bring in players he likes, he knows, and who fit his style. Look at the trend so far. Oscar Bruzon has brought in some nice Spaniards, Snoei signed Riga, Papas signed Colosimo, and Westwood signed Osano and Johnson. This has been seen to work in leagues that have the same foreign rules as us.

So, what coach? Well, I am sure East Bengal don't want to spend on a massive coach, specially when his role will not be major, but I would like to see them go for someone like Ruud Brood, John Aloisi, Alistair Edwards, Gary van Egmond, or Aron Winter.

Let them then decide what they want to do with the team. Hire an Indian assistant coach to help the new boss get adjusted and then try to form a team that can not only win the I-League but take the league to the next level. 

That is my problem with the old successes of Indian football. We go for guys like Armando Colaco, Trevor Morgan, Karim Bencherifa etc because they can win here, they know how but can they really take us to the next level? Do they have the connections that Bruzon, Papas, Westwood, and Snoei have? Not really. If we are take the league to the next level we need better coaches... in the short and long term they will prove to be better investments that foreigners with smaller coaches.
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    But Indian players have to be chosen by Assistant Coach or, by Club Officials. Just like East Bengal is after Balwant Singh or, Zico of Mizoram or, Sumit Oraon or, some players from junior team. What is your idea of recruitment of Indian Players for the season 2014-15 by East Bengal.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Carlos Harnandez, Andrew Borisic, Uga (?) and Ranty thats my wishlist of four foreigner for East Bengal next season. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Again, I am the type that will not go with the reality and will instead go with what I believe should happen which more often than not, will never happen, regardless of whether it is right or not. I can tell you right now, realistically, what East Bengal should do in terms of coaches and Indian players and foreigners but I wont as I rather not get dissapointed.

In my fantasy world however, again, East Bengal would sign a good, decent foreign coach who would come in, assess the club, and using his judgement as well as his staffs will make the decision of which players he wants based on the style he wants. Say you bring in van Eggmond, Balwant Singh would be perfect as van Eggmond loves those players who can run at speed past the defenders and grab a nice goal (Adam Taggart being his example) but if you choose someone like Morgan then why get Balwant? You will probably get two foreign strikers who will take the spot of Balwant and his playing time or position will be different from last season and based on Morgan's style of play I doubt Balwant would last. Balwant can not bring a ball down to his feet and that is what he would need to do.

Hope I made that clear. Sorry if it is not what you want to hear. :)