Players you want to see in East Bengal next session.

Comments

• sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    @gaffertape In India the football is the most popular game in Kolkata. Salt Lake Stadium whose capacity is more than one lakh which is used to be full in Kolkata Derby. How much is the capacity in any football stadium in India other than Salt Lake Stadium? In Goa there is no fan of many a clubs. You just check how many times Bengal won Santosh Trophy and the Bengal Clubs won the national football trophies like Durand Cup, Rovers Cup, DCM Trophy etc. Statistics always speaks not the idiotic sentences.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    the wise thing to do would be to ignore you , as this thread holds about as much interest for me as sitting in an hour long meeting with Sunando Dhar and friends...

but as I'm bored I'll amuse myself...

I can't argue with the history that you have spouted, and thanks again for boring me as most of your brethren love to do..
    Here's some facts....
     5 footballers who could've played abroad or had real trials :
    1. Sunil Chettri
    2. Bhaichung Chutia
    3. Brandon Fernandes
    4. Subrata Pal
    5. Uttam Rai
    One player from Kolkata, and his trial is based on Anglian Holdings , an Indian owned company who are desperate to get a link to the club they own a stake in in Denmark.

Last time the I-League was won by a Kolkata Club ;))

Last time the I-League Under-19 was won by a Kolkata club ?

Which state was chosen by FIFA for a grass roots program & has gone on to prove it was the right decision : Mizoram

State which has the best pyramid in terms of schools , inter village , youth football, women's football, Club teams , U-17, U-19 , Local leagues with youth player limited and 4 professional teams , and the maximum # of I-League titles : GOA 

When was the last time the Indian National ten was captained by a player from Kolkata .....hmmmmm....before most of us were born.

I can pick holes in your Santosh trophy argument , but it's been done too often on this Forum, so I'll leave you with this.
    You can continue to live in the past, and enjoy the spectacle that will be the derby between Mohd Sporting & East Bengal, and speculate as to who the "fixers" at EB will try to sign or how& when Mohd. Sporting will professionalize themselves .

I'll be busy arranging the future of 4 EB players who are desperate to get out of that so called "mega club"  and move to a city/club that is more concerned with the present & future than the PAST

I'm not wasting my time on who is coming to East Bengal next season , coz whether it's Sony Norde or some Brazilian who scored against you in the AFC Cup..... you should be more concerned with being left behind by clubs like PFC , Dempo, BFC and the new clubs who all seem much better options for 4 of your starting players ( and I'm not talking of the likes of Moga , Chidi, Sueoka , Uga ! )
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    "Past teaches Present for Future".
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    You don't simply provoke @gaffertape on Kolkata football!

BTW, just one hole in your argument. Rahim Nabi has captained Indian team and so has Subrata Pal as far as I can remember.
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    My good friend does not know that Kolkata is the "MECCA" of Indian Football.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    and @sdr62 is jealous of goan football
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points
    My friend go to the history of Indian Football first then come for debate. From 1951 to 1962 is called the Golden Era of  Indian Football and from 1963 to 1984 is called Post Golden Era of Indian Football. Check who are the captains of those periods. Late Sailen Manna had been selected in the list of 10 Best Captains of the World by the English Football Association. My friend you are suffering from inferiority complex but which is coming out as superiority complex. Is that not?
  • sdr62sdr62 225 Points

I'll
    be busy arranging the future of 4 EB players who are desperate to get
    out of that so called "mega club"  and move to a city/club that is more
    concerned with the present & future than the PAST

this is intresting

Nobody can arrange others future except God. I think my friend is thinking himslf  above God. "Man proposes but God disposes". Best of Luck.