Expansion Suggestions in the I-League

Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
edited March 2012 in I league
Very soon on April 20th we could find out that the I-League will be ran in a franchise way with no promotion/relegation and just expansion. I for one have discussed this many of times on here and I have also thrown in some random cities which I think can hold a football club but then you have to think. Why should this city be in I-League?

Obviously fans wont be enough to get a city a franchise in an expansion model. If that was true then Orlando, USA would have had a team in MLS years ago.

Anyway the criteria for a team should depend on the ownership group, how much money those owners are willing to spend. The size of the city/state, and whether the team would be companied named or actually named after there state and also how much marketing would be done at the club.

So who wants to begin?

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Next year I wish to see a stable 10 Team I-League with No relegation for atleast next 8 years.

1)Sporting Club De Goa( Dempo,SAL and even Churchill are eligible but only if they meet the norms,best team will be chosen)
    2)Mohun Bagan
    3)East Bengal
    4)Chirag Kerala
    5)Shillong Lajong
    6)USFC
    7)Mumbai FC
    8)Pune FC
    9)Royal WFC
    10)Prayag Silguiri FC(I fthey shift their base)

Expansion 2013-2014 :-

11)Delhi Tigers FC
    12)Bangalore Warriors FC

Expansion 2014-2015:_

13)Manipur Dynamos FC
    14)Nagaland Team(Most professional Team from NPL)

Expansion 2015-2016 :-

15)Chennai United FC
    16)Ahmedabad Bulls FC

Expansion 2016-2017

17)Lucknow Lions FC
    18)Chandigarh United FC

Expansion 2017-2018

19)Hyderabad FC
    20)Jamshedpur Steel FC

I-League 2 Dvision too will have expansion and it will be divided into 5 Regions(North India,South India,N.E & East India,Central & Western India) with each region starting with 8 teams in first season and then keep expanding till they become 16-18 teams
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Can't believe Ashindia wrote this!!!! Did arsenalfan hacked ur account!!!! :)]
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    rudra wrote:

i think arsenalfan is getting into minds of ashindia with some magic stuffs 8-X
    and so might be this post
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    shankar wrote:
    rudra wrote:

i think arsenalfan is getting into minds of ashindia with some magic stuffs 8-X
    and so might be this post

Yeah even the style of the post, names of the club and theme...everything matches!!!! :O
  • Na, if I had it my way then Chirag Kerala would be out and it would go like this.

First 10 teams:
    East Bengal, Mohun Bagan, Prayag Siliguri, Sporting Goa, Dempo SC, Pune FC, Mumbai FC, United Sikkim FC, Royal Wahingdoh FC, Shillong Lajong

Then be trying to be real about this would say that expansion should have every 3-5 years, cant happen every year!

In this order:
    1) Nagaland
    2) Aizawl
    3) Hyderabad
    4) Delhi
    5) Bangalore
    6) Nagpur
    7) Punjab
    8) Chennai
    9) Jamshedpur
    10) Kerala
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    punjab should go higher in the expansion list @arsenalfan
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Rather than Lucknow team, I would like to see a Pataliputra FC or Patna Panthers FC. At least Bihar Govt has been more active recently in promoting sports in general in the state.

We have an international quality stadium now in Kankarbagh (prime location. Its called Kankarbagh Sports Complex with a football stadium surrounded by 8 lane athletic track, gym, swimming pool, indoor stadium of international standards, administrative rooms, media room and everything.

The construction of the complex was done in time under the supervision of CM Nitish Kumar himself. That complex hosted the 1st ever Kabaddi Women's World Cup last month.

Apart from that we have Moin ul Haq Stadium in Patna which hosted a couple of matches in the 1996 ICC World Cup
    1st edition of ALL INDIA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT for BIHAR CUP was held in January this year with teams like Prayag United (jr), TFA, MB SAIL Academy, Punjab Police, J&K etc taking part.
  • somesh wrote:
    Rather than Lucknow team, I would like to see a Pataliputra FC or Patna Panthers FC. At least Bihar Govt has been more active recently in promoting sports in general in the state.

We have an international quality stadium now in Kankarbagh (prime location. Its called Kankarbagh Sports Complex with a football stadium surrounded by 8 lane athletic track, gym, swimming pool, indoor stadium of international standards, administrative rooms, media room and everything.

The construction of the complex was done in time under the supervision of CM Nitish Kumar himself. That complex hosted the 1st ever Kabaddi Women's World Cup last month.

Apart from that we have Moin ul Haq Stadium in Patna which hosted a couple of matches in the 1996 ICC World Cup
    1st edition of ALL INDIA FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT for BIHAR CUP was held in January this year with teams like Prayag United (jr), TFA, MB SAIL Academy, Punjab Police, J&K etc taking part.

The Moin ul Haq Stadium needs more renovations done to it. Does not look good, of course though this is expansion we are talking about (at least on this thread) so if there was someone willing to have a team in Bihar and use the Moin as the stadium I am guessing they would have to renovate the stadium as well based on an expansion criteria.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I would rather go for Kankarbagh Sports Complex built in Feb 2012. It has a football stadium
  • somesh wrote:
    I would rather go for Kankarbagh Sports Complex built in Feb 2012. It has a football stadium

My problem with that is that you mentioned that it has a 8-lane running track. I dont know about you but... 8-lanes! Will the fans see the game. I mean it could be great as a temporary stadium that a Bihar Franchise can use for maybe 2-5 years while the Moin gets a revamp but I dont see Kankarbagh as a permanent stadium.

BTW, are there any bucket seats in the Kankarbagh?