Expansion Suggestions in the I-League

Comments

• ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    shankar wrote:
    Exapansion could be done but not on the basis of promotion/relegation but should be done with certain parameters set for the new clubs to fulfill if they wanna see their team in top division of indian club football like it is in J-league or MLS

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">For that you need to scrap off the relegation or else corporates</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "> will not be </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">interested</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "> to meet the certain parameters.</span></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    ashindia wrote:
    shankar wrote:
    Exapansion could be done but not on the basis of promotion/relegation but should be done with certain parameters set for the new clubs to fulfill if they wanna see their team in top division of indian club football like it is in J-league or MLS

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">For that you need to scrap off the relegation or else corporates</font><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "> will not be </span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; ">interested</span><span style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: small; "> to meet the certain parameters.</span></div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Exactly. I mean what if an investor follows the parameters of setting up and Academy, marketing on facebook, youtube and then all of a sudden his team gets relegated. Unlike in England where the Premier League gives you parachute money and the Championship also gets revenue but the I-League 2nd Division gives you shit. Basically your done.</font></div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">My Current League:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">East Bengal and Mohun Bagan: There rivalry is amazing. 90,000 people last November. They deserve the league.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Pune FC: Professionalism, dreams, youth.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Mumbai FC: The financial capital of India. Great rivalry with Pune.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong: North-East Representation. 30,000 a game.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Prayag United: Seemed ready for the future. Move to Siliguri.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Dempo and Sporting: Best supported in Goa. Good names. Good management.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">EXPANSION CITIES:<br><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Current Realistic Choices:</font></div><div><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Nagpur:</b> Huge City. 2,000,000 people. Great stadium (Yashwant Stadium). Final of the 2011 Nagpur Premier League had a full house so they can have a team if marketed right and with proper fan fare.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Kozhikode:</b> Showed during the EK Tournament that they can fill a stadium. The Municipal Stadium is great as well. 2,000,000 people</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><b>Orissa: </b>Tata Football Academy. The JRD Tata Sports Complex. Potential good owners/sponsors.</font></div>
  • Future Choices which are not ready:<div><br></div><div><b>Nagaland: </b>Small population of 1,000,000 (state wide). Far from good enough infrastructure. Weak teams. Potential Growth: YES.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Aizawl:</b> Small population of 300,000. Far from good infrastructure (Its good but not ready). Team is still not ready in my opinion. Wait till the Rajiv Ghandi Stadium is done.</div><div><br></div><div><b>West Bengal #4:</b> A fourth team in West Bengal. This time in Northern West Bengal which has a population of 12,000,000 across the Northern Districts of West Bengal. Potential rivalry with Prayag United. Not yet. When more cities are covered than yes.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Bangalore:</b> Leave it to @Rudra<;/div><div><br></div><div><b>Assam:</b> Just does not have a proper team yet and I feel Mizoram is better.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Punjab: </b>Population 22,000,000. History. Does not have a proper team nor league yet.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Delhi: </b>Population of 11,000,000. Great support for India. Needs proof of support when I-League teams play there.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Hyderabad & Chennai:</b> Not proven markets yet. Better options than them for now.</div><div><br></div><div><b>Jaipur: </b>Jaipur Football Club.</div>
  • @arsenalkid ... i wud go with kozhikode and punjab for this year

• > indian_gooner said:
    > @arsenalkid ... i wud go with kozhikode and punjab for this year

Kozhikozide fine but Punjab still needs to prove its support plus the Guru Naik does not look adequate at all.
  • munna21977munna21977 2 Points
    edited March 2013

North India

Srinagar showed lots of enthusiasm last time Santosh Trophy was held there. Srinagar FC for the future. Also Himachal Pradesh can be explored. Dharamsala has a huge Tibetan population as well which loves football. Football is famous in Rural Punjab (Malerkotla as well as Doab region)and now as JCT is gone, it will take some serious effort to build up a brand again. But I will say that Chandigarh can be a good place becoz of rich young population  for a football club. Mohali, Panchkula as well as Chandigarh should be right places. So My choice:-

Srinagar
    Dharamsala
    Chandigarh

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Srinagar FC is a very good option. And cricket also isn't that big in jammu & kasmir. Also ppl there don't have much to do to entertain themselfs (I guess) so Srinagar FC chould pull good crowd.

• @indian_gooner Sorry, I was not typing in the perspective of next season. That was just my opinion for if I had to choose.

@munna21977 and @Joyptan Agree. Srinagar FC would be a very good team to have. They need a better stadium though.