Expansion Suggestions in the I-League

Comments

• spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points

cricket gonna become popular too with Pravez Rassol going to have Indian cap sooner or later this year

• > sparta said:
    > cricket gonna become popular too with Pravez Rassol going to have Indian cap sooner or later this year

I watched him with India "A" and honestly I was not impressed. He is good enough for IPL but I dont see him going farther than that.

bro he took out seven aussies in an innings and you should leave the cricket talks to us :P

In India everyone is cricket selector :P

• Sorry. I forgot that every Indian born is better than Fowler.

• Fletcher! I meant Fletcher!

yeah better than dumb fletcher

• > sparta said:
    > yeah better than dumb fletcher

Come on. He is not that bad.... technically going by what people on here say about cricket he is doing a great job as India looks horrible.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    According to this author we Japanese model has failed and we sud follow US model. Can someone tell me how we follow the Japanese model? I was not aware of this. I feel its wrong. How can some model can be claimed to fail if it is not implemented? I maybe be wrong though<div><br></div><div><table width="76%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><tbody><tr><td style="width: 744px;"><table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tbody><tr><td><div id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_update_dynamic"><table width="732" border="0" cellspacing="5" cellpadding="0" align="center" class="bdr_main" style="border: 1px solid rgb(182, 187, 190); margin: 0px;"><tbody><tr><td style="padding-left: 3px;"><div class="articalpanhead" "="" style="padding: 5px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 1px;"><span class="ArticalPegeHead" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 25px; padding-top: 10px; text-align: justify; font-weight: bold;"><span id="ctl00_ContentPlaceHolder1_lblPageName">The Japanese Model Failed; Should We Go The American Way?</span></span></div><div class="articalpanhead" "="" style="padding: 5px; margin-bottom: 15px; margin-left: 1px;"><a href="http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/FeatureDesc.aspx?SID=24A1557E-1C78-4F01-B47F-37440E212B8F">http://feverpitch.in/SiteWeb/FeatureDesc.aspx?SID=24A1557E-1C78-4F01-B47F-37440E212B8F</a></div></td></tr></tbody></table></div></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></div>;
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Hm, its interesting because he brought up the beginning of the I-League in 2007 which is true. There are many similarities. Back in 1992 when the J-League was being created the Japanese Football Association took the best 10 clubs with the goal of spreading through Japan while the AIFF did the same in 2007. However that almost where it ends.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Japan's success is due to many things. They allowed there teams to grow financially for almost 6 seasons before implementing promotion/relegation. Also the clubs and league shared a common goal and worked together. The goals were to develop top talent and to improve the Japanese national team. The clubs also realized that they needed more of a community feel to the game. That is why many clubs went from the old sponsored named to the city/prefecture (state) name. (Yanmar Diesel to Cerezo Osaka, Sumitomo Metal Industries to Kashima Antlers, Yomiuri Football Club to Verdy Tokyo, Nissan Motors to Yokohama, East Japan JR Furukawa to JEF United Ichihara, Mazda SC to Sanfrecce Hiroshima, All Nippon Airways to Yokohama Flugels, Matsushita Electric Industrial to Gamba Osaka, Mitsubishi Reds to Urawa Red Diamonds, Toyota Motor to Nagoya Grampus).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">The league also focused on the players that were in the league. The foreigners in the early days included old stars like Zico, Pierre Littbarski, and Gary Lineker. They also branded their local players, making them vital to the league. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">And also the JFA implemented a J.League membership criteria so it is not just "I got promoted so I am good". You need to pass a criteria as well and be approved my the J.League board.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">In India what we did was take the previous 8 teams from the last NFL along with 2 promoted clubs and form the 10-team I-League. 4 from Goa, 2 in Mumbai, 2 in Kolkata, 1 in Kerala, 1 in Punjab. None of the clubs changed to the local/state names and kept their company sponsored name except for Sporting Goa and Viva Kerala. We also told the clubs that they would receive money for fielding a U19 team and that 90% of gate money would go to the host club. That was really it. We still had the 2nd Division as well.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So no, we did not really do J. League. It looks like it from far away but on a closer look we did not. However I do not believe that it would ever work.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">There is a difference between the owners of the Japanese clubs and the Indian clubs. The Japanese owners were logical. They saw that there was a problem and changed it. They put in tons of effort into forming a successful brand and league. I dont see that ever happening in India. The Goan club owners are to stubborn to let go of their names from the team, are 2 oldest and historic clubs are ran by idiots who still insist on being named after a beer. Same with Prayag. And even in Pune and Mumbai they are not ran smartly. And of course in Lajong and Sikkim the problems are obvious. Also none of the clubs have shown an interest in developing infrastructure, in developing connections with the community and schools, and proper youth development. Also every season we are seeing teams die off because of financial problems. Mahindra United, JCT, and Chirag United Kerala are gone. They could not handle the financial pressures and soon other clubs will feel the heat. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">We already have Mumbai and Shillong Lajong not being able to fully pay players from <b>last season. </b>How long will Peninsula Group keep on with the Pune FC idea before they see it is a failure as no crowds go to the game despite plenty spent on marketing.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So in conclusion in many ways we tried being like Japan but not fully. We did not take the extra mile and implement it to fit India and now I think we will never be able to do what they did. The differences in owners is huge.</font></div>
  • So... I am guessing I did all that for nothing. Kk.