I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• this list will change after every game of United Sikkim FC<br> =))
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    news coming out of AIFF.....<div>If things stay the same in table (as above)...</div><div>United Sikkim ,Air India and ONGC will not be in the League next season. ( they were waiting for Mohun Bagan to be safe before deciding this...</div>:-$   )<div><br></div><div><br><div>2 teams will be promoted from the 2nd Division, and 2-4 teams will be given direct entry</div><div><br></div><div>Direct entry process will be revealed today on AIFF web-site and those clubs that have had the private meetings will have to submit their "bids" by the end of the month.</div><div><br></div><div>Blackburn Rovers /Venkys are new front runners to get a spot , most likely in Pune</div><div><br></div></div>
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2013
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">If this is true then really, WTF. So we could be losing 3 teams next season, gaining 2 from the 2nd Division and 2 from the direct entry teams. I am guessing that if Air India finish in the relegation zone then the 12th place team goes down, right?</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">As for the Venky's. Why? They are horrible owners who don't know anything about football. In a perfect world we would be seeing maybe a big sponsorship deal or a co-ownership of Pune FC but sadly we live in a world were life does not like Indian football and forces the Venky's to make their own team. Again why? Where will they play? How can they guarantee that they will gain fans?</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">They also know that if they do get a team then that would mean huge amounts of debt being accumulated year after year right? Surely this can not end well.</font></div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    But 12th placed team will be Arrows. So then will the 11th placed team get relegated. Its turning into an absurd situation. I think they will dump arrows too and get in 4 new teams.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    if Air India and United Sikkim in bottom 2 , then you CANNOT relegate the team above Air India , because the I-League rules written at the start of the year state that the bottom 2 will be relegated.<div>There is a clause in the rules stating that if Pailan are in bottom 2 then team placed 12th will go down.</div><div><br></div><div>Legal issues will prevent AIFF from relegating the 12th placed team if Air India stay in relegation zone.</div><div><br></div><div>but as @Arsenalkid mentions , it will be a farce , one way or the other.. we'll know the details in the next few hours...</div>
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    Thanks for the info.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Although it seems like a shrewd move from AIFF, I think it makes sense. Relegating Utd Sikkim along with expulsion of AI and ONGC is neede to raise the level of I-League.