I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    Academies and other details will be in the 1Lakh application form...  ;))<div><br></div><div>It mentions 3 essential criteria to be fulfilled,  the stadia, </div><div><br></div><div>What are the other 2 : the annual fee ? and ??</div><div><br></div><div>@nameWTHeld Venky's a professional team ??? you sure ?? just go on any Blackburn Rovers forums... they are the epitome of how NOT to run a Football club</div><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well, not in that sense. BRFC fans will kill me... LOL. :)</div><div>What I meant was that they have the experience of the top notch set up and can bring in some of those</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    I agree with @nameWTHeld<;div>I hate Venkys, but English football, in that respect none of the Indian club owners will be professional. Maybe Venkys can put some of their hard earned learnings here. But yes, I am still apprehensive</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    They have a minimum of 2 <div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b>But they aren't getting the Pan India League they crave....</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">They also have no takers for their AIFF regional academies , looks like the annual fees will be used to fund academies/Pailan type projects...</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Should not matter. India is not ready for true Pan-Indian football. You cant just have a team in Hyderabad, Bangalore etc until we know there is real potential for a team. Bangalore is close while Hyderabad is far away.</div>

<br><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>Yes, I am also not in a support of a 'forced' pan Indian league. If football becomes popular then slowly it will catch up. Even cricketers used to come from few cricket strongholds, now with popularity its much more distributed.</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    They have a minimum of 2 <div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b>But they aren't getting the Pan India League they crave....</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">They also have no takers for their AIFF regional academies , looks like the annual fees will be used to fund academies/Pailan type projects...</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Should not matter. India is not ready for true Pan-Indian football. You cant just have a team in Hyderabad, Bangalore etc until we know there is real potential for a team. Bangalore is close while Hyderabad is far away.</div>

<br><br>How can you blindly say Hyderabad is not good ?? Have you watched the local players ?? The State FA is not in right state or else Hyderabad was and would have been equally good as Bengal and Goan counterparts.AIFF has to force into the tussle and solve it and as for fans people of old city(muslims) are crazy if you organize matches in LB Stadium you'll see fans.<br><br>Everything is possible but only possible if you try or else you can leave it to be dead like it has been for last 7-8 years or so.<br><br><br>
    rudra wrote: »
    I agree with @nameWTHeld<;div>I hate Venkys, but English football, in that respect none of the Indian club owners will be professional. Maybe Venkys can put some of their hard earned learnings here. But yes, I am still apprehensive</div>

<br><br>Venkey's are flop at highest level but in India there are much bigger fools working in football,so they'll better.<br>
  • how many teams can Pune support???   We have Pune FC, Mumbai FC, now Mumbai Tigers can qualify-then there are so called corporates  Venkys, DSK . all of them at Balewadi stadium?????Not even 1000 spectators.<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    If any of those corporates are smart they will launch a team from Kerala , which has the biggest untaped INDIAN Football Market.
    munna21977 wrote: »
    how many teams can Pune support???   We have Pune FC, Mumbai FC, now Mumbai Tigers can qualify-then there are so called corporates  Venkys, DSK . all of them at Balewadi stadium?????Not even 1000 spectators.<br>

<br><br>If Mumbai Tigers are like really wealthy then they can hire the current White elephant of Mumbai(DY Patil stadium),but im sure the rent would cost a bomb(again being wealthy should not be a problem to pay till their stadium or whatever comes up).<br>
    Joyptan wrote: »
    If any of those corporates are smart they will launch a team from Kerala , which has the biggest untaped INDIAN Football Market.

<br><br>Problem is that most of the bidders are already based in particular city.<br>
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    Thats why I said if they are smart......