I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    edited April 2013
    they took 1 month to come up with that document !!<div><br></div><div><br></div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    This is just the invitation,the question is how many 1 lakh deposits will be sent to AIFF office.<br><br>@Gaffertape how many parties are interested actually ?? Do we have a minimum of 2 atleast ?<br>
    edited April 2013
    They have a minimum of 2 <div><br></div><div>But they aren't getting the Pan India League they crave....</div><div><br></div><div>They also have no takers for their AIFF regional academies , looks like the annual fees will be used to fund academies/Pailan type projects...</div>
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    gaffertape wrote: »
    They have a minimum of 2 <div><br></div><div>But they aren't getting the Pan India League they crave....</div><div><br></div><div>They also have no takers for their AIFF regional academies , looks like the annual fees will be used to fund academies/Pailan type projects...</div>

<br><br>That was expected from beginning as the majority of the guys who were interested came from Maharashtra belt.<br><br>I though FIFA provides annual grants to these academies,surprised to hear this now.<br>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Interesting document. Things that strike me at first are:</font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">1. No mention of academies</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal;">2. Building stadium is not a must, one can lease and develop it.</div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">3. Huge (by AIFF standards) bank guarantee and financial commitment (500 crores).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">So, AIFF has softened its stand on youth development part. Probably it realized that it cannot force this big a responsibility on the new entrants. Or alternatively, they must have thought that the youth dev criteria is on the house as AFC guidlines will enforce it. Also, I wonder what gives AIFF the courage to demand such huge fee for franchise. The whole worth of the league is barely 30 crores. Who would come up and pour money in the pit? I think they must have smelled huge interest from potential investors. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I believe Venky's Pune team is a sure shot and that will be good. We will have a new derby and that too between 2 real pro teams, exciting prospect.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Other investors could be Jindal group since they have been showing interest for 3-4 years now.</font></div>
    Academies and other details will be in the 1Lakh application form...  ;))<div><br></div><div>It mentions 3 essential criteria to be fulfilled,  the stadia, </div><div><br></div><div>What are the other 2 : the annual fee ? and ??</div><div><br></div><div>@nameWTHeld Venky's a professional team ??? you sure ?? just go on any Blackburn Rovers forums... they are the epitome of how NOT to run a Football club</div><br>
  • namewtheld wrote: »
    <div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I believe Venky's Pune team is a sure shot and that will be good. We will have a new derby and that too between 2 bare-supported pro teams, exciting prospect.</font></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">
     </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;"><br></span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt;">FYP</span></div>
  • gaffertape wrote: »
    They have a minimum of 2 <div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div><b>But they aren't getting the Pan India League they crave....</b></div><div style="font-weight: normal;"><br></div><div style="font-weight: normal;">They also have no takers for their AIFF regional academies , looks like the annual fees will be used to fund academies/Pailan type projects...</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Should not matter. India is not ready for true Pan-Indian football. You cant just have a team in Hyderabad, Bangalore etc until we know there is real potential for a team. Bangalore is close while Hyderabad is far away.</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">BTW Gaffer, how are these teams really financed. Is it really true that the company owns 100% of the team or is their a chance of other partnerships being done?</font>