I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• ONGC will get people in Delhi when they play against East Bengal, Mohan Bagan, United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong becoz of huge Bengali and North East population of Delhi. hope I-league organisers have that vision and make those matches day and night.

I am surprised at small crowd at Balewadi Stadium even for Pune Fc matches. Some people say that Balewadi complex is far from main city-but well same Balewadi complex indoor stadium hosted Junior world cup Volleyball last year or so and they got 10000 plus crowd for India matches.

• kshitij USFCkshitij USFC 250 Points
    edited November 2012

munna21977
    ONGC will get people in Delhi when they play against East Bengal, Mohan Bagan, United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong becoz of huge Bengali and North East population of Delhi.

true NE ppl will come 2 watch SLFC n USFC.

• > munna21977 said:
    > I am surprised at small crowd at Balewadi Stadium even for Pune Fc matches. Some people say that Balewadi complex is far from main city-but well same Balewadi complex indoor stadium hosted Junior world cup Volleyball last year or so and they got 10000 plus crowd for India matches.

Thats easy. The problem is not really Pune FC and the stadium is just an excuse. The problem is Pune as a city. When Blackburn Rovers came almost the whole stadium was full... I would say 80%. There was one chunk empty. Yet for I-League matches no one comes. Its obvious that the people of Pune do not see I-League as a good product and the fact that Pune has only had a team for 3-4 years is a reason as well. There is no real football culture in Pune. Its an EPL town, I have been there and witnessed it. Since then I heard that La Liga has taken over and that EPL is as big as ever but Pune FC is nothing.

I think the only way to change this IN PUNE is to focus on LOCAL youth development and create a local talent, market more. Influence the local school children so that they grow with Pune and that when they are grown up they will know who Pune FC, where they play and want to see them and maybe they can influence there children to watch. 

And of course Pune need that 1 major foreigner.... a Hernandez or Ricketts. They way I see it. Chika Wali is not good enough for where Pune want to be and James Moga is no where near fit. I can suggest many players who are better than both of them and cheaper. Nick Zimmerman... striker, American, 25, 15 goals in the 2nd Division of American Soccer... on an average salary of around $35,000. If we cant pay that!!!!
  • > Joyptan said:
    > Even after paite & safar sardar loaned out there few players who should be loaned out. Because i don't think they will get playing time even in the cpl.
    >
    >
    > Priyant Kumar Singh(Goalkeeper) ,Jaspal Parmar(Defender) ,Charan Rai(Midfielder) ,Sunil Kumar(Defender).
    >
    >
    >
    > Out of total 36 players 2 are allready loaned out & these 4 also should be loaned out asap.

Even Raju Gaikwad wants a release - as he is not getting chance in the first team.
  • @arsenalkid....... i agree about your good foreigner part...... there used to be good crowds when EDMAR FIGUEIRA was there in the squad.... he is currently playing in lower tiers of german league........ pune fc should definitely sign a good foreigner

• > sanvedjadhav said:
    > @arsenalkid....... i agree about your good foreigner part...... there used to be good crowds when EDMAR FIGUEIRA was there in the squad.... he is currently playing in lower tiers of german league........ pune fc should definitely sign a good foreigner

Wow... from the Portugal Top Tier to the German 5th Tier. What does this mean?
  • Great news. Hopefully it introduces us to new fans but this is only the begining. We need to follow this up. First we need to look at the games. The camara quality is not as good and sometimes the camaras switch randomly and make you miss a play. Its technical aspects like these that will make the league seem appealing.

• new addition team profiles and
    player profiles on I LIG website.
    http://i-league.org/?tb_player=baichung-bhutia