I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• Na, I hope they and other I-League clubs go for old A-League, J.League, MLS players. India is an attractive place, any player from these leagues would love to play here and enjoy the life in cities like Kolkata, Goa, Sikkim etc.<br>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Ashlesh wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    arsenalfan wrote:
    Na, I hope they and other I-League clubs go for old A-League, J.League, MLS players. India is an attractive place, any player from these leagues would love to play here and enjoy the life in cities like Kolkata, Goa, Sikkim etc.</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">and rohan are you with prayag to pay big some to players or with goan clubs meeting which held recently not to pay so heavenly  </font></div>

<br><div><br></div><div>But Goa clubs do have a huge budget - dempo and churchill</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    hmm..all will be clear in a month or two
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont mind high spending but only reasonable high spending.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Indian players: SHOULD NOT BE PAYED HIGH</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I-League Foreigners: Only Ranty Martins</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Any foreigner who played in A-League, J.League or higher and is a notable of those leagues: HELL YES, PAY THEM THE WORLD.</font></div>
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    USFC needs an icon player... a world cupper , may be a striker and he & bhaichung playing upfront & crowd roaring in the stands!! 
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @arsenalfan<;div>surprised you missed Mandjou Keita & John Menyongar, both have done it in the US at the a higher level ,</div><div><br></div><div>Also good decision by Goan clubs to not pay over the odds, other clubs should join forces with them too & leave the Kolkata clubs to waste their money</div>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    gaffertape wrote:
    @arsenalfan<;/font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">surprised you missed Mandjou Keita & John Menyongar, both have done it in the US at the a higher level ,</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Also good decision by Goan clubs to not pay over the odds, other clubs should join forces with them too & leave the Kolkata clubs to waste their money</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Well #1 Keita is gone otherwise I would have added him and #2 Menyongar has spent the majority of his career in the US 3rd Division. That is around I-League quality. You could use his International career as an argument but when he was with Minnesota in the 2nd Division he did not do well and they straight away did not play him till USFC came calling.</font></div>
  • gaffertape wrote:
    @arsenalfan<;div>surprised you missed Mandjou Keita & John Menyongar, both have done it in the US at the a higher level ,</div><div><br></div><div>Also good decision by Goan clubs to not pay over the odds, other clubs should join forces with them too & leave the Kolkata clubs to waste their money</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>The clubs should also advocate for a salary cap. Right now if the non-Kolkata clubs dont spend and Kolkata clubs spend then the following would happen...</div><div><br></div><div>1) East Bengal and Mohun Bagan will fold, thus leaving I-League without two of the best market teams in the country.</div><div><br></div><div>2) The other clubs would die out of not getting players and not being able to beat Kolkata teams.</div><div><br></div><div>3) Prayag United would be all alone as they will never fail financially.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    There are so many Indian industrialist who are much much bigger than Vedanta or Dempo. But all of them need an asset to invest in which gives them returns. If I-league proves to be a profit making business, we would not have to beg to anyone. People will come running to own a club
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I know what Vedanta is. But we have Reliance which I am sure even Vedanta are jealous of