I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    gaffertape wrote:
    @arsenalfan<;div>surprised you missed Mandjou Keita & John Menyongar, both have done it in the US at the a higher level ,</div><div><br></div><div>Also good decision by Goan clubs to not pay over the odds, other clubs should join forces with them too & leave the Kolkata clubs to waste their money</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Hmmm... No Beto, Odafa, Tolgay , whom people think are shitty?</div>
  • rudra wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:
    @arsenalfan<;div>surprised you missed Mandjou Keita & John Menyongar, both have done it in the US at the a higher level ,</div><div><br></div><div>Also good decision by Goan clubs to not pay over the odds, other clubs should join forces with them too & leave the Kolkata clubs to waste their money</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Hmmm... No Beto, Odafa, Tolgay , whom people think are shitty?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Beto is not that good at this moment and has done nothing great abroad. Same with Odafe who has played abroad before and has played AFC Cup. Tolgay is at best an Australian state league player, really not worth much, specially when you see the skill in the NSW Premier League (where he last played).</div><div><br></div><div>Martins at least was among the top scorers in the AFC Cup one season and at his age is a huge asset to any team.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    arsenalfan wrote:
    rudra wrote:
    gaffertape wrote:

<div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div><br></div><div>Beto is not that good at this moment and has done nothing great abroad. Same with Odafe who has played abroad before and has played AFC Cup. Tolgay is at best an Australian state league player, really not worth much, specially when you see the skill in the NSW Premier League (where he last played).</div><div><br></div><div>Martins at least was among the top scorers in the AFC Cup one season and at his age is a huge asset to any team.</div>

<br></div><div><br></div><div>Dude u should judge players by watching them play and not by CV..ok?<span style="font-size: 10pt; ">  </span>
    </div><div><br></div>
  • I have seen Odafe and Tolgay on TV a lot via streams. Beto I have not seen as much as I would have liked but I have seen him a bit this season.<div><br></div><div>And yes CV plays into my decision as well specially when you consider the amount players are payed abroad, in the league and the quality of the league.</div>
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    1) no. of goals can never be the only criteria to judge a player<div>2) Tolgay is not an outright striker, he with Ranty or Odafa can be explosive</div><div>3) Beto scored a few goals in AFC too (and he is Midfielder)</div><div>4) I forgot Penn</div><div>5) Just compare the best goals scored by Ranty and Odafa , u will know the difference. How many I League goals have been scored by dribbling past 3-4 defenders? that too more than one occasion?</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    <div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">when you compare the players skills ability with the amount they are payed you can easily see that the clubs can get much better player for that same quality </span></div><div><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">but the problem with our top clubs are that they dont wanna risk like the way dempo have done with densil which brought the eyes of T&T guys to ileague </span></div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    USFC is now URO USFC officially
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    somesh wrote:
    USFC is now URO USFC officially

<br><div><br></div><div>@arsenalfan wont be impressed!!!!</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Chill, theyr are still USFC<div>Mohun Bagan name will not change if McDowell stop sponsoring them</div>