I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Why all this hullabalaa. AirIndia and Ongc are staying put. They are not going anywhere as long as Prafool the great is around. This talks are all eyewash.

• > munna21977 said:
    > Rules should be clear before the start of the I-league. and Infrastructure should be in the place. Half of the league is finished and noone knows what will happen-relegation or not. Active 2nd Division league is required but AIFF and IMG just dont have money to spare it seems.
    If rules are not clear, people who have influence in AIFF will amend the rules in their favour as season progresses.  Relegation/promotion is important otherwise clubs just dont have incentive. Sikkim will just lose every game 20-0 and play with some school kids in their team but wow, they cannot be relegated and they will just pocket the money.  Clubs like Mohammedan Sporting or Aizawl FC need a chance every season to progress to I-league but they cannot becoz people with influence want to keep Sikkim or Lajong every year in I-league by hook or by crook by  avoiding relegation. It will become a cartel of corruption with no accountability with no relegation.

WHY DOES AIZAWL FC DESERVE TO BE IN I-LEAGUE!!! WHAT MAKES THEM READY!!!! Look at Mizoram football before saying they should be in I-League!

Mohammedan??? FU** THEM! They are the old style 20th century club.

As for your suggestion of promotion/relegation WHY?! Why should we promotion/relegation? Who the hell cares about the incentive. It is not as if it has not been tried before. Japan did for years. South Korea did it for years. Australia did it for years. The United States did it for years and still does it. 

Do you know what will happen to United Sikkim and Shillong Lajong if they are relegated (For Lajong again)? Answer me that and then say if pro/rel should stay.

How many proper football clubs do we have in India that deserve to be called PROFESSIONAL football clubs? Then tell me we need relegation.
  • > Domnic said:
    > Why all this hullabalaa. AirIndia and Ongc are staying put. They are not going anywhere as long as Prafool the great is around. This talks are all eyewash.

People said that about Mohun Bagan and look at what happened to them.

Arsenalkid700 said:

> Domnic said:
    > Why all this hullabalaa. AirIndia and Ongc are staying put. They are not going anywhere as long as Prafool the great is around. This talks are all eyewash.

What has Prafool got to do with MB. But AI and ONGC are his pets. And govt pressure will also be there. Not so easy to throw
    them out.

Arsenalkid700 said:

> Domnic said:

What has Prafool got to do with MB. But AI and ONGC are his pets. And govt pressure will also be there. Not so easy to throw
    them out.

• > Domnic said:
    > Arsenalkid700 said:
    > > > Domnic said:
    > > > Why all this hullabalaa. AirIndia and Ongc are staying put. They are not going anywhere as long as Prafool the great is around. This talks are all eyewash.
    > >
    > >

>
    >
    > What has Prafool got to do with MB. But AI and ONGC are his pets. And govt pressure will also be there. Not so easy to throw
    > them out.
    >

Praful Patel runs the AIFF and it was the AIFF who banned Mohun Bagan. As for his governmental position, yes that could be a hard push but rules are rules and if the AIFF want to show balls to the AFC or FIFA then they must get rid of them.
  • JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

If rules are rules then arrows too.

• > Joyptan said:
    > If rules are rules then arrows too.

Then there is something about Arrows that keeps them passed the mark. Are Arrows really registered as a developmental club anymore or are they actually finally a real football club. Never really been made clear to use.

Back when they were AIFF XI and Indian Arrows they were definitely developmental but its not clear today.

I am not saying arrows also should be baned. If they stay in the right side of rules they they should stay if not then rules should be same for everybody.

edited January 2013

Aiff have removed mohun bagan from I-league 2012-12 standings

http://www.the-aiff.com/pages/tournament/teamstanding.php?tournamentdetail=99

But mb is still in i-league website http://i-league.org/?page_id=1044