I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

The fans who won't pay to watch the team they can't be called loyal fans. loyal fans will surely pay few rupees extra than normal to watch.

• > Joyptan said:
    > The fans who won't pay to watch the team they can't be called loyal fans. loyal fans will surely pay few rupees extra than normal to watch.

Exactly. What makes a loyal fan? Does not matter who you support, be it Manchester United or ONGC FC, its how you support them and not having the nerve to give up a little money to see a professional football match of your "favorite" team is not showing loyalty at all.
  • > Domnic said:
    > > Arsenalkid700
    > > You see. This is why the Goan clubs like Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers will fail to survive the long run if the attitude is like this. Even the fans have this mentality. The Goan franchise will be a failure with out gate money. 

Unless this mentality changes then as the I-League and Indian football overall improves the Goan clubs will cease to compete. Same with a few other clubs but I expect better from the Goan clubs.

You can't live on sponsorships from the Local companies.

Nice joke highlighted above.

>

Again, the mentality here is negative. Indian football will improve. When was the last time we got people in as good as Rob Baan, Wim Koevermans, and Arthur Papas? When was the last time we saw city generic clubs come up? When was the last time clubs came up with real academies?

It is all happening now... Indian football will get better.

shakkeerKM
    Who is the kit spnsr of eb

M&E

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Joyptan said:
    > The fans who won't pay to watch the team they can't be called loyal fans. loyal fans will surely pay few rupees extra than normal to watch.

There is difference between Mercedes and Alto. The I league matches are not worth more than 2-5 rupees. Even Rs.10 is more.

Get 5-7 foreigners per team into the league and make it popular first. Then once the interest builds up, they can reduce. The national team wont do wonders overnight. So this notion that less Indians will get chance can be put on hold for few years. Then the people will pay to watch. Not in the present form. NO WAY!!!!!

Domnic said:

There is difference between Mercedes and Alto. The I league matches are not worth more than 2-5 rupees. Even Rs.10 is more.

Get 5-7 foreigners per team into the league and make it popular first. Then once the interest builds up, they can reduce. The national team wont do wonders overnight. So this notion that less Indians will get chance can be put on hold for few years. Then the people will pay to watch. Not in the present form. NO WAY!!!!!

My answer whould be same before "The fans who won't pay to watch the team they can't be called loyal fans. loyal fans will surely pay few rupees extra than normal to watch."

• > Domnic said:
    > Joyptan said:
    > > The fans who won't pay to watch the team they can't be called loyal fans. loyal fans will surely pay few rupees extra than normal to watch.
    >
    >

Seriously what the hell do you want them to do? We cant better without investment and we cant get investment without LOYAL fans. This is not loyal fans. Goa is known for producing amazing players and probably the future with guys like Brandon Fernandes, Myron Mendes, and Romeo Fernandes coming up the ranks and soon we may have a world-class Fatorda Stadium but if the fans are not loyal enough to pay for the match in the hope of producing guys like these again then whats the point. 

Indian football wont suffer long-term but it is Dempo, Salgaocar, and Churchill Brothers who will lose out. Extra revenue which would bring more sponsors. Better than the locals. But that wont happen with this mentality.
  • DomnicDomnic 2309 Points

Loyal fans is a myth in Goa. We can only be 25% loyal to a particular team. Since most Goans support all four teams.
    :P

P.N. : I am always in favour of paying money to watch. I am telling you the general feeling of the people here. You guys have started attacking me.
    =))

I targeted the "general feeling of the people" in goa not u.

Admirer is word i want use for genarel goa football lovers of a club not loyal fans or even fans.

• > Domnic said:
    > Loyal fans is a myth in Goa. We can only be 25% loyal to a particular team. Since most Goans support all four teams.
    :P

P.N. : I am always in favour of paying money to watch. I am telling you the general feeling of the people here. You guys have started attacking me.
    =))

Sorry if it seems I am attacking you mainly. I did not mean to do that as I know you are a proud, loyal Goan fan. As for the rest though, they are not loyal. Hell you dont even have to be loyal. Just pay the damn fee.

The real success is getting fans and getting money from it. Not just having fans for free.