I-league 2012-13 General Discussion thread

Comments

• Indian Football: Ten Memorable Moments of 2012

As the year 2012 comes to an end, TheHardTackle takes a look ten memorable moments of Indian Football that brought  smiles on the faces of fans across the year. The ten memorable moments are listed in the order they happened 

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points
    edited December 2012

Complete I-league 2012-13 stats after Round 13

Total Matches - 84

Wins - 64 (Home 39 : 25 Away)

Draw - 20

Total Goals - 256 (Home 148 : 108 Away) (Indians 121 : 135 Forgeiners)

Goals without MB in I-league - 234 (Home 137 - 97 Away) (Indians 112 : 122 Forgeiners)

MOST GOALS

Scored - Prayag United (30)

Concided - Sporting Clube de Goa & ONGC (28)

LEAST GOALS

Scored - Salgaocar (11)

Concided - East Bengal (4)

• Kinda does say something about how United Sikkim have improved in the back since they did concede around 10 in one game and yet they are still not leading in most goals given up. They just need to improve their attack.

• ashindiaashindia 9368 Points

So will there be any relegation this season ?? With MB already banned,AIFF is also likely to remove ONGC and AI end of the season.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

probably no relegation , to protect Shillong Lajong & USFC

Sad that the announcement is made at this stage, as it devalues the League.
    What motivation to Air India & ONGC have in the upcoming games, opens up the door for Churchill to tempt players from these teams to throw games.
    Lets be honest , it's happened before , remeber 14-0 when a team had to make up a 13 goal deficit =D>

• ashindia said: With MB already banned,AIFF is also likely to remove ONGC and AI end of the season.

:D :D :D sounds good

• DomnicDomnic 2309 Points
    edited December 2012

gaffertape said:
    probably no relegation , to protect Shillong Lajong & USFC

Sad that the announcement is made at this stage, as it devalues the League.
    What motivation to Air India & ONGC have in the upcoming games, opens up the door for Churchill to tempt players from these teams to throw games.
    Lets be honest , it's happened before , remeber 14-0 when a team had to make up a 13 goal deficit =D>

You have openly named Churchill of match fixing but you dont name the team who won 14-0. Before making such a huge allegation directly, I hope you have some proof. You should refrain from making personal attacks.

• ashindiaashindia 9368 Points

It was Dempo not Churchill Bros.

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

> ashindia said:
    > It was Dempo not Churchill Bros.

I apologize , I knew it was Dempo, but my insinuation was more towards the behavior of Churchill 'tapping' up players after January from smaller clubs and letting them rot on the bench .
    Even Salgaocar were accused of this in their last game versus JCT when they won the league.

either way , I think it's a bad call on AIFF to go public on the Air India/ONGC relegation , when Pailan are in the same boat and the season is at the half way stage.

They need to clarify this and the whole relegation/promotion situation as the transfer window is approaching