Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Nepal beat India 3-1 in the SAFF U17 Championship held in Sri Lanka today. How long will AIFF tolerate that nincompoop Bibiano? 
    souravindiagaffertapeashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29257 Points
    This happens when squad selection is a scam 
    gaffertapePassiashindia
    Whats the point of having a coach if he cant win a U17 SAFF tournament despite having so many 19 year olds in the team? We need a complete privatization of AIFF to make any meaningful progress. 
    sudheermylankalashindiagaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    Looks like it's a pretty bad team but why so much hatred for a well proven coach?
    jitug1979Passiashindia
    Ronny said:
    Looks like it's a pretty bad team but why so much hatred for a well proven coach?
    Proven in what? What has he achieved in all these years? Time to change all these Prafool era losers. Bibiano, Panda, Stimach. 
    Passisudheermylankalashindiagaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    edited September 2022
    What he has achieved is not even a debate
    souravindiaDeb_BanPassiashindiaEastBengalPrideChelseafan
  • Bibiano has been the best age group football coach until this tournament... Not sure what is happening this time around 
    Deb_BanPassiashindiaEastBengalPride
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29257 Points
    Poor selection is the problem, there are thousands of better players them those random players they have assumbled in a hurry.
    PassiEastBengalPridemunna219777
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    ashindia said:
    G_K said:
    Bibiano led us to the finals last two times in U16. In fact, for 2016, we qualified by merit.

Bibiano is still the coach of U17 team. I'm optimistic of India's chances in U17, but U20 is a bit too tough.

Eventhough Indian Arrows have the majority of U20 players, Indian Arrows is not national team. I hope they are not stupid enough to close the team towards other players. Many players from previous U16 team have stayed at ISL and I-League teams, like Shubho Paul and Maheson Singh. Even Gurkirat and Bikash Yumnam are eligible. 
    I would have agreed if things were normal like in pre-covid. There were times when AIFF used to send Junior teams abroad and have camps. Also when was the Junior nationals held last time ? Not sure if AIFF even went through proper selection/scouting during lockdown. 
    This happened. Honestly, I'm not surprised with the result. Expect them to be trashed badly in AFC qualifiers unfortunately.  
    Poor selection is the problem, there are thousands of better players them those random players they have assumbled in a hurry.
    There is reasonable evidence Bibiano was also involved in the bribes being paid for selection in Indian team. If a basic level investigation happens, it will all come tumbling out. 
    goalkeepargaffertapemunna219777