Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Solid game by India u17 today..after the first 10 mins we effectively shut down the Uzbeks..great game by Lalpekhlua, Guite, Dhami, Ricky Meeting, GK etc..solid assists by Korou!
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    Any highlights available ??
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    edited January 2023
    If it matters, this Uzbek team recently drew with Iran 2-2 and beat South Korea 3-2 in last year's qualifiers
    munna219777namewthelddeepak dedha
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    India Number 7 outplayed Uzbekistan. He created both the goals and came close to scoring one. 

We are technically weak compared to Uzbek and coach was spot on with his tactics by using pacy wingers to cause all kinds of problems. 

Also 3 pm kick off was a smart move by AIFF as Uzbeks struggled with weather  
    munna219777indian_goonerRonnyNagendragoalkeepargiridharankartik91
    Spot on with that analysis...Korou's pace on the wings was too much for Uzbeks to handle and he created all the goals. The weather clearly played a big part with Uzbeks struggling and making 5-6 substitutions..the same happens to us when we play in their cold environment. Next game at 8.30 pm will be key..I'm impressed by our defenders though and would like to see Mukul Panwar as well in next game
    Nagendragoalkeeparmunna219777giridharanashindiaindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6473 Points
    edited January 2023
    At-least in Asia, we are always good in U-16/U-17 level. At this level, we will match them with our pace, tactics & fitness.

Problem with most of the Indian football players is technical skills. It can be learned only till certain age. Most of the top Asian nations prefer technical skills instead of pace at a younger age.  Pace & tactical skills can be improved with age but not technical ability. 
    indian_goonerashindia
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    edited January 2023
    @Nagendra hmmm correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think our players are lacking technically by much. Tactically yes, the problem with having no proper coaching at youth level shows there. But we traditionally have some naturally gifted technical players. But the problem is they stagnate pretty much and don't make progress even technically. 

Typically a 17 year old in top Asian countries have youth player who know everything pretty much tactically and expectation from their coach when they are there. But unfortunately our players learn it at this level only. Our u-17 coach scouts players for his system and then hopefully progress. The day we have effective U-13 U-15 and then this U-17 should give us an actual picture of where we are. 
    indian_goonergaffertape
  • rightly said, upto a certain age limit i.e, juniour level all players are pretty much competitive.  because despite a proper youth league the elite academy batch were staying & playing together. it all beings once they get into u21 level and above because by that time other nations players start playing in senior team whereas ours most best players still play in reserves.
    I think the real difference is lack of game time and also lack of aspiration in trying their luck abroad..Once they settle into I league/ISL mode things dont work out
    giridharanindian_gooner