Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Is there a thread for RFYDL National finals? Some good games are on the cards and pretty much our entire future U-23 team is going to be picked up from these games
    souravindiagiridharan
  • PassiPassi Playboy Mansion1574 Points
    edited May 2023

I did some research and found out that tour youth team beat 2-1 was Atletico Madrileño Juvenil B who are 10th in the Liga Nacional Grupo 12 (Basically the Madrid Zone of the 2nd division of Spanish youth football) whereas the team we beat 4-1 is Atlético Madrid Juvenil B who are funnilly 3rd in the same competition.

Like all Spanish teams, Atletico has a lot of youth teams and we aren't playing against their top sides but these are still good results nevertheless.

Referred to these pages: https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/academia?title=Academy

https://www.lapreferente.com/index.php?IDequipo=28520

So the Real madrid U-17s we'll be playing will also most probably be their second team that is 1st in the competition I was talking about

NagendrasouravindiaRonnyashindiaDeb_Banindian_goonergoalkeepargaffertapegiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29249 Points
    As predicted India played u13 teams while our players were u24
    Passi
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Let's not read too much into these results. Let them prepare. The real competition is coming up next month. That's where the boys have to shine.
    Ronny
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    edited May 2023
    Great to see our 4ft u23 players clinching a draw against 6ft U13 players of Real madrid.
    giridharanRonnysudheermylankalashindiaEastBengalPridegoalkeepar
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    Clearly our players are no match physically. So whoever is saying we are playing with older squad and winning using physical advantage is not making much sense to me. But at this level the results vary a lot. But great performances so far. Maybe bibiano should seek coaching elsewhere 
    RonnysudheermylankalPassideepak dedhagoalkeepargaffertape
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    https://www.the-aiff.com/article/india-u17-fight-back-to-hold-real-madrid-u17-to-a-3-3-draw
    This is a fantastic result for our u17 NT! I don't know why we are always underming the achievements of our own players but even assuming this was Real Madrid's B team or C team or F team....still it is a brilliant result! It shows that our boys can compete, and even win, against the best youth players in Europe. It shows that Bibiano has done an excellent job coathing these guys that no foreign coach had done so far.
    You remember the exposure tours our u17 World Cup squad went on before the actual event? Despite being coached first by that German guy who was later sacked and then by that Portuguese guy who took us into World Cup, our u17 team lost heavily in all those tour matches! But Bibiano has shown that an Indian coach can do well. He should be considered for NT head coach job after Stimac leaves next year! 

gaffertape
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points

Check out the assists on the last 2 goals
    giridharannamewtheldindian_goonerkartik91
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    Ronny said:

Check out the assists on the last 2 goals
    That assist was top class for a 17 year old. De Bruyne style assist. Liked how they were confident and going for victory coming form behind. EB team also looked good. Hope they all get physically better. They are def a lot technical and show us that we can play when given enough exposure and games. This is a good start but hopefully they all get to play in I-League 2 and play 30 games a year. If Kalyan can fix this problem, we are taking steps there. But we might get to have a clear pathway for this kids. Indian football suffered due to no league system. We always had one league system. Now though I am sad I-League is killed. This 3 league system if kept going in the long run. We can be competitive in Asia. For comparison even Thailand, Australia don't have 3 tier league system. Having more players also mean one or two will try their luck abroad which should have been happening long ago.
    souravindiaRonny