Youth Football in India (News Thread)

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    edited May 2023
    We are playing these club sides, meanwhile Japan beat Mali and drew with Algeria and won the friendly tournament as well... They came back from 0-3 to draw with Algeria 3-3.. Right after this the Japanese team started their U-18 youth league in Japan as well
     https://www.jfa.jp/eng/national_team/u17_2023/news/00031898/

NagendraDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Ronny said:
    We are playing these club sides, meanwhile Japan beat Mali and drew with Algeria and won the friendly tournament as well... 
    Yah. This is what my concern as well. Spain trip is ok. Why extended tour in Europe and friendly games with clubs.  Instead we could have toured Thailand a bit early & would have played few friendlies with National teams in Thailand
    Deb_Banindian_goonergoalkeepar
    The Germany tour under the partnership with DFB seems like an effort to fulfill an old promise made by both sides..since we were in Spain we intentionally squeezed in the German tour..would have been better to have toured South East Asia instead in May and play some friendlies
    Nagendra
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    India won't make it out if this 
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Though this is weird. The u23 AFC qualifiers will be 8n September. The same month the Asian Games are also starting where I dia u23 NT will take part. Plus the Senior NT's games in Kings Cup and Merdeka Cup will be in September as well. How the heck will AIFF manage 4 tournaments in 1 month with limited no. of players who are of international standard? I mean most of NT's regular plays are below 23 yrs age, which will make them eligible for u23 NT as well! And how can u23 NT take part in both AFC u23 qualifiers as well as Asian Games at the same time? Will we have the regular Senior NT plus 2 separate u23 teams for bothese competitions? Most importantly, do we have enough quality youth players to fill up the numbers?
    Enough good players if we give them a chance..In the past India has sent U-21 also to Asian games..however I doubt AFC would have scheduled this at the same time as Asian games 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Though this is weird. The u23 AFC qualifiers will be 8n September. The same month the Asian Games are also starting where I dia u23 NT will take part. Plus the Senior NT's games in Kings Cup and Merdeka Cup will be in September as well. How the heck will AIFF manage 4 tournaments in 1 month with limited no. of players who are of international standard? I mean most of NT's regular plays are below 23 yrs age, which will make them eligible for u23 NT as well! And how can u23 NT take part in both AFC u23 qualifiers as well as Asian Games at the same time? Will we have the regular Senior NT plus 2 separate u23 teams for bothese competitions? Most importantly, do we have enough quality youth players to fill up the numbers?
    Use other young players ISL and from I-League. Asian games you can actually make a decent teams from ISL bench and I-League and send them 
    Ronny
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    But 8n Asian Games only u23 team can be sent. Ste there enough u23 players 9n bench in ISL and of sufficient quality to be called up? And who will coach them?