What would be your I-League Club Criteria?

Comments

• do football lovers want the football game to look better or the stadium? which comes first? If you have a stadium look good and players missing goals like Edmilson then will u watch that or watch realmadrid vs barcalona?
  • Arsenalkid700Arsenalkid700 7 Points
    edited April 2012
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    do football lovers want the football game to look better or the stadium? which comes first? If you have a stadium look good and players missing goals like Edmilson then will u watch that or watch realmadrid vs barcalona?

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Both. Only the die-hards will come to watch the team all the time but the casual fans will come once. See the horrible infrastructure and never come back.</font></div>
  • no if they see horrible football they will not come...good football but little bad stadium will be ok
  • no if they see horrible football they will not come...good football but little bad stadium will be ok

<br><div><br></div><div>Okay then. What about investors. I will use the Salt Lake Stadium example. What would an investor like...</div><div><br></div><div>20,000 fans in a 120,000 capacity stadium</div><div><br></div><div>or </div><div><br></div><div>20,000 fans in a 22,000 capacity Mohun Bagan Ground.</div><div><br></div><div>An investor wont care for the quality of football much, if it can bring people in and bring in an atmosphere then he would love to invest in football.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Last time i was there to watch a i-league match was in old cooperage and the match was between Mahindra United and JCT fc ....the stands were of poor state and so no fan support....and me bieng new to indian football never turned to old cooperage since then ...<div>after that mahindra united disbanded for the reason of lack of fan support...whom to blame???they had excellent officials, excellent players.....fans did came once but never returned again due to poor stadium...</div><div>so i do feel that for regular fan support you need to have good infrastructure where you could watch the match comfortably as well</div>
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is the quality of football that is utmost needed, infrastructure will follow automatically with good football. Many small european/ south american countries dont have upto the mark infrastructures but still people turn in because of good football. USA has very good infrastructure but still the game is not so much famous among the locals. </font>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2" style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">
    reddevil87 wrote:
    It is the quality of football that is utmost needed, infrastructure will follow automatically with good football. Many small european/ south american countries dont have upto the mark infrastructures but still people turn in because of good football. USA has very good infrastructure but still the game is not so much famous among the locals. </font><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Does not matter. You can easily invest in renovating a stadium and put money into youth development at the same time. Also domestic soccer in the USA is 100% amazing. In fact the last 5 expansion teams in MLS have averaged 32,000 people a game. Are most recent one is averaging 41,000.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Plus when the Red Bulls played in a 80,000 they averaged 10,000, then they move to a 25,000 seater and now they average 21,000 a game. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">To say that America has no domestic support is not a good statement. Our support is almost equal to the top 3 European leagues!!! And we are doing this while being the 3rd most popular outdoor sport.</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also did I mention that the NUMBER ONE SPORT FOR KIDS UNDER 18 is SOCCER (FOOTBALL). Ya, exactly.</font></div>
  • reddevil87 wrote:
    <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">It is the quality of football that is utmost needed, infrastructure will follow automatically with good football. Many small european/ south american countries dont have upto the mark infrastructures but still people turn in because of good football. USA has very good infrastructure but still the game is not so much famous among the locals. </font>

<br><div><br></div><div>perfect answer, also look at africa, did they have world class infrastructure before 2010? its quality of the game which we would like to see , a stadium with large no of fans looks good for tv audience, the cheers fans make influences a football fan to support his team, </div><div>+ bad infrastructure inside stadium is also hid due to large supporters inside stadium which tv audience don't notice</div>
  • reddevil87 wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>perfect answer, also look at africa, did they have world class infrastructure before 2010? its quality of the game which we would like to see , a stadium with large no of fans looks good for tv audience, the cheers fans make influences a football fan to support his team, </div><div>+ bad infrastructure inside stadium is also hid due to large supporters inside stadium which tv audience don't notice</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>BUT DO WE SEE THOSE FANS!!! I am not asking for the criteria to include a world class stadium at first but overtime develop it and play in a suitable stadium. I watch games from the Salt Lake Stadium and Fatorda Stadium on TV and despite what I hear about the amazing fans at the games and all that I NEVER SEE THEM! Renovate the MB Ground and EB Ground and play there for I-League. As long as investors see the fans and atmosphere on TV and in game then they will think there is something here worth investing in.</div><div><br></div><div>Good players in not enough, this is India. And unlike South America and Africa, India has other sports to go against. We want to give the fans a good product.</div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Yea all sports like cricket, hockey and even volleyball are getting their own league with such a nature that the experience is the one to remember for the fans who come to watch the matches....<div>and here we are neither getting good quality of football nor good experience for fans may be off-field stuffs and with that continuing we dont see much chance there</div>