India in LONDON OLYMPICS 2012

Comments

• reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    Sincerely hope the golden days of Indian hockey are back!!!
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    I am confident India will do well. When it matters India performs really well. We have been waiting for this chance since long time and it will not go in vain. <br>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
     Top Six teams in Hockey as per current performance - Australia, Germany, Netherland, Spain, Britain, NZ and India. Only Australia looks completely out of reach. (And Malaysia has become a spoiler for India recently)
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    sabir wrote:
     Top Six teams in Hockey as per current performance - Australia, Germany, Netherland, Spain, Britain, NZ and India. Only Australia looks completely out of reach. (And Malaysia has become a spoiler for India recently)

<br><div><br></div><div>Belgium had been performing better than spain in last 2 years...they could well be one main dark horse</div><div>S. Korea could be one another team to look for</div><div><br></div>
  • trojantrojan 371 Points
    sabir wrote:

<br><div><br></div><div>you forgot pakistan. </div>
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    South Korea is not doing well in last couple of years. We beat them every time. We have done well against Pakistan. In 5 matches in last in our two years it is in our favour 4-1 and most of the wins were with big margins. But, Malysia has come up to be a hurdle for India though they are not that strong on paper. If Mr Nobbs can solve our problem in defence (atleast strategically) and we get more matches against top teams in blue turfs before Olympic we have a fair chance to be in top 3.
  • ashindiaashindia 9248 Points
    Our Gold Medal Hopeful Mary Kom is even doubtful for a qualification berth. !!!!
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    Really really unfortunate to see the situation Mary is in now..it would be a disaster if she does not make it to the olympics..but it also shows that in this new weight category she isnt the outright favourite for an Olympic gold<br>
  • RonnyRonny 10441 Points
    Also really happy to see IFN members discussing Indian hockey-which is my favourite game after football :)<br>Foe the Olympics all I can say is that as long as we have defenders like sandeep singh and raghunath in the squad irrespective of the number of goals they score we can never win a medal..thats harsh but true..hope these guys prove me wrong for once..<br>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Ronny wrote: »
    Also really happy to see IFN members discussing Indian hockey-which is my favourite game after football :)<br>Foe the Olympics all I can say is that as long as we have defenders like sandeep singh and raghunath in the squad irrespective of the number of goals they score we can never win a medal..thats harsh but true..hope these guys prove me wrong for once..<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>true...we need true defenders in that spot someone who could defend at the class of tirkey or even better..then only could we think of a medal</div><div>i loved the way sardara singh defended in the world cup he was the only player who performed exceptional at home i felt in that tournament...</div>