EURO 2012

Comments

• 84 minutes: Greece 1-2 Czech Republic<div><br></div><div>COME ONE!!!!!!</div>
  • AruncitoAruncito 4 Points
    aah ... Final ... Greece 1-2 Czech Republic<div>Too bad ... with just 1 point and next match against Russia, Greece probably will be out in group stage.<br></div>
  • Of course I will probably be the first one out of 16 wikipedians who are out.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I am impressed by the way England defended. Its diff from parking a bus. The were quick to retain the formation at the back and d 4-4 formation was staggered in a way to create impervious wall. only option for France was long rangers
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">True. I agree Somesh. I did not actually see the match (At school) but when I looked at the stats (before seeing the highlights and reading about the way England played) I thought "How shit is France. They have 65% of possession and it is 1-1"</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I come home and it is all clear. Of course my problem is how long can they keep it up because teams can plan around it and England cant hide forever. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I bet you if England and France played each other again than France would win. This was an unexpected England, Gerrard looked good and the whole team played as a team.</font></div>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    somesh wrote: »
    I am impressed by the way England defended. Its diff from parking a bus. The were quick to retain the formation at the back and d 4-4 formation was staggered in a way to create impervious wall. only option for France was long rangers

<br><br>this is getting to be a regular english trend now ..was last seen with chelsea against BM & Barca..now we see English National Team adapt these tactics.. Is the English team so devoid of talent they they have to play this way?.. You might admire the defensive strength and tactics, i will let it go thinking "its the first  game so lets not lose mentality".but if its continued for d balance of d games , its a thumbs down to the english team.<br><br>Best way may be was for the  Les blues to have  played in their own half and  forced England to come forward for the  ball..Fance had teh desire to Win while englad was happy to take away a point.<br><br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »

<br><br>this is getting to be a regular english trend now ..was last seen with chelsea against BM & Barca..now we see English National Team adapt these tactics.. Is the English team so devoid of talent they they have to play this way?.. You might admire the defensive strength and tactics, i will let it go thinking "its the first  game so lets not lose mentality".but if its continued for d balance of d games , its a thumbs down to the english team.<br><br>Best way may be was for the  Les blues to have  played in their own half and  forced England to come forward for the  ball..Fance had teh desire to Win while englad was happy to take away a point.<br><br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Chelsea was coached by an Italian with only 4 yes FOUR English players on the pitch. Only 1 of them are in the squad for England.</div><div><br></div><div>Ya, think again.</div>
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    I would just say that good defending is also a part of the game. England were realistic and they knew they can garner 1 point at best. And the best way they could do it was the way they did it.<br><br>They also did not have Rooney. And look at the way France played. They could have hammered England had Eng had played open football.<br>
    I would just say that good defending is also a part of the game. England were realistic and they knew they can garner 1 point at best. And the best way they could do it was the way they did it.<br><br>They also did not have Rooney. And look at the way France played. They could have hammered England had Eng had played open football.<br>

<br><br>Yes thats true , the defending saved them from a thrashing...England better open up their game cause i dont think they would go through with 3 draws..<br>
    silicon3 wrote: »

<br><div><br></div><div>Chelsea was coached by an Italian with only 4 yes FOUR English players on the pitch. Only 1 of them are in the squad for England.</div><div><br></div><div>Ya, think again.</div>

<br><br>well i did not mean the players playing in the english team.. the reference was to the defensive tactics employed by England , it was similar to what Chelsea did in the  CL..<br><br>@ somesh answered why they played that way..Rooney was probably a big factor<br>