AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• bansktbanskt 123 Points

Thinking about Syria, its a great achievement for them to top the group, keeping in mind their present political scenario.

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

India is lacking a highly talented player who can take on defense individually. Uttam was most of the time blocked by defense and the final ball given to striker mostly of not good quality. But when compared to our senior teams this team is highly organised and defended well.

• too bad this lot wont be there for the WC U-17's.... i hope they do well for the future....

• I wonder whether our next u-19 side next year will feature some of the u-16 lads and others who are below 19 from Pailan arrows? that would make a formidable side, would be an interesting to watch

• namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points

oh good..so we equalized. We are definitely better than our senior national team in terms of individual skills. But further improvement necessary. And as @alecs said we need that one super-talent who can heal our scoring woes

• Would be fascinating to see the Chinese coach's reaction, losing the lead in the final wee seconds of the match. He must be fuming lol! That's the problem when you start underestimating your opponents.

• all said and done i am disappointed by the result  , we could have qualified from this group...our attacking options were there..but as i said earlier in such evenly matched teams tactics and right selection of players will make the difference..

its apparent that Colin did not really think about tactics..especially on the attacking side..defense was solid enough and team was confident and held shape & pressed and chased the ball..we fell flaton our face on teh attacking  creativity...

• Also u have to admire the syrians .. a great result for them and fantastic fighting spirit displayed.

• RonnyRonny 10477 Points

To be honest this team has done admirably well..coming into the final game with a chance to qualify..drawing with a strong Chinese team..group topper Syria cudnt score against us :)
    This team needs to keep playing..hope they get some regular tournament invitiations..the key to becoming better ffuture footballers for these guys is to play as many internationals as possible...Next target shud be to qualify for U-19 finals..this performance here shud give a better qualifying draw I believe :)

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Same old thing with indian nt "SOO CLOSE YET SOO FAR".