AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• trojantrojan 371 Points
    <h3 class="post-title entry-title" style="margin: 0.75em 0px 0px; position: relative; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; color: rgb(64, 64, 64); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ">India U-16 boys go down fighting to USA U-17 Team</h3><div><br></div><div><a href="http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/05/india-u-16-boys-go-down-fighting-to-usa.html">http://arunfoot.blogspot.in/2012/05/india-u-16-boys-go-down-fighting-to-usa.html</a>;
    </div>
  • Do you have the players that played for the US U17 teams. I am a bit confused. This is the u17 team that beat the u17 Brazilian team and Dutch team and they are also the team that made the Round of 16 in the 2011 U17 World Cup.
  • <br>
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    Do you have the players that played for the US U17 teams. I am a bit confused. This is the u17 team that beat the u17 Brazilian team and Dutch team and they are also the team that made the Round of 16 in the 2011 U17 World Cup.

<br><br>There were no names in common in the latest U17 squad and the U17 WC squad so no this is not the same team.<br>
  • silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    then who are these usa u17 players actually..r dey even feom d u17 rooster?
  • RonnyRonny 10482 Points
    watever it is this is a sign of progress!..u can the usa players are physically very big from the pic but some of the Indian guys have also developed well..last year this team lost to USA U-16 4-1 and now 1-0 to U1-7 :)...we can take that as a positive sign :)<br>(Am sure the Usa u-17 wud have been keen to play this bunch considering they easily beat the best women's team in the world)<br>
  • Ronny wrote: »
    <br>(Am sure the Usa u-17 wud have been keen to play this bunch considering they easily beat the best women's team in the world)<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well lets see. The India U16 team did bad at the Dallas Cup against AMERICAN CLUB TEAMS and now we expect that same group of players one month later to only lose 1-0 to the USA U17 team, the one that beat Brazil U17 and made the Round of 16 in the World Cup U17.</div><div><br></div><div>I highly doubt it. </div>
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    arsenalfan wrote: »
    Ronny wrote: »
    <br>(Am sure the Usa u-17 wud have been keen to play this bunch considering they easily beat the best women's team in the world)<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Well lets see. The India U16 team did bad at the Dallas Cup against AMERICAN CLUB TEAMS and now we expect that same group of players one month later to only lose 1-0 to the USA U17 team, the one that beat Brazil U17 and made the Round of 16 in the World Cup U17.</div><div><br></div><div>I highly doubt it. </div>

<br><div><br></div><div>Absolutely....though this result looks good but sounds bit suspicious as well</div>
  • suyashusuyashu 0 Points
    well arunava chadhuri reported on it first, and if the team wasn't the ACTUAL u17 team i'm sure he would've mentioned something about it, so we can be pretty sure that it is the actual u17 team .... and how come everyone is forgetting that the u17 world cup happened last year? it's pretty much possible that the world cup's u17 batch has been replaced by new faces .. this is a good result, and a sign of progress
  • <br>
    suyashu wrote: »
    well arunava chadhuri reported on it first, and if the team wasn't the ACTUAL u17 team i'm sure he would've mentioned something about it, so we can be pretty sure that it is the actual u17 team .... and how come everyone is forgetting that the u17 world cup happened last year? it's pretty much possible that the world cup's u17 batch has been replaced by new faces .. this is a good result, and a sign of progress

<br><br>That was my point. This is the NEXT U17 USA squad. I'm not saying its a fake squad, it's probably the real one, just not the one that won the U17 WC a year ago. I trust Arunava's report.<br>