AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• > Ronny said:
    > India lost 3-2..Daniel scored again..it was like 1-0, then 1-1,1-2,1-3..Alan deory scored a penalty to make it 2-3..
    UAE U16 look pretty big physically and now they are going on a Europe tour for their WC preps..Infact UAE have an u-17Team as well which just returned from a tour of Germany..so I must say they have a pretty large pool of talented youth players..their second string u-22 made it to AFC finals and u-23 to Olympics..thats no surprise now

agree with u....their pool of young players is very good, even though they are ranked 120 in fifa rankings they are much better and amongst the top asian nations.....we should not worry about the rankings much and concentrate on our youth and infrastructure...... our u-16 team is on the right path and i m sure they are gonna put up a decent performance in the championships

• Anyone got more info abt Daniel Lalhimpuia?

• ashindiaashindia 9322 Points

debarghya89 said:
    Anyone got more info abt Daniel Lalhimpuia?

All I can say is he is better than Uttam.

Hes product of Chandigarh FA and been topscorer in Nationals.Has decent physique(around 5'9) ,never seen him play but I always find his name in goalscorers be it Int or National level.

• RonnyRonny 10479 Points

I think on current form Daniel Lalhimpuia is a bigger future star for the Indian team than Uttam Rai..If am not wrong Daniel did not even travel to IMG academy so he is a home grown natural talent!!..We have onr goof player in each age goup now
    Alwyn George
    Brandon Fernandes
    Daniel Lalhimpuia
    But we need more potentialy lethal players to come up...A youth league can do wonders..If we cant make a youth league why cant we send the Junior teams to youth league Malaysia sent to Slovakian u-19 league and now sending to Brazilian league!!

• > ashindia said:
    > Our players are good as them but as I have been saying since ages we need International level exposure or else we wont improve.
    >
    > Also another point was mentioned by Ronny,UAE developing large pool of players same has to be done bach here.Adding to that they have a Youth League and World Class facilities.
    >
    >

Agree and I hope Baan forces AIFF to increase the I-League schedule and actually start a National Youth League which is the same as the A-League National Youth League or the Premier Development Academy (England) in which they rank the best Academies in England and play them all in one group of Academies (meaning that not every Premier League Academy team is in the Elite Group.)
  • > Ronny said:
    >A youth league can do wonders..If we cant make a youth league why cant we send the Junior teams to youth league Malaysia sent to Slovakian u-19 league and now sending to Brazilian league!!

That wont help. Just sending a group is a waste, specially when we have Pailan Arrows.
  • RonnyRonny 10479 Points

ThIS UAE team  will head for Spain to line up for honours in an international
    tournament and after returning home, they will take part in UAE U-19
    national league from next season ....Thats what the difference is

• > Ronny said:
    > ThIS UAE team  will head for Spain to line up for honours in an international
    > tournament and after returning home, they will take part in UAE U-19
    > national league from next season ....Thats what the difference is

That is what I am calling for. A proper U20 league and have the FIFA-AIFF Elite Academy + U16s in as well.
  • ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2012

i > Ronny said:
    >
    ThIS UAE team  will head for Spain to line up for honours in an international
    > tournament and after returning home, they will take part in UAE U-19
    > national league from next season ....Thats what the difference is

i hope our team too gets the same continuity...an academy is a good option..i would prefer the continuation of scholarship for img boys