AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> ashindia said:
    > Aimless long ball lobbed into air only for ball boys to collect and give it for a throw. 

actually this long ball by this team is much better than what our senior team used to do...if u see most long balls reached the correct players, but from there they coudn't capitalise...although the style is awful atleast these set of players seem to do it in a better way
  • ashindiaashindia 9319 Points

From next batch we have to remove these English coaches.All credits to Indian defenders without them defending so well India would have been 5 goals down.

Attack and Midfield was almost non existent,except Alen nobody really touched the ball. 

• trojantrojan 371 Points

> usaindia said:
    > i think we missed a win

now we need to pray uzbek kick china and we also kick china

syria missed a win actually and we avoided a loss luckily....syria was the better team hands down

• bansktbanskt 123 Points
    edited September 2012

Extremely disappointed. From the reports, I had guessed that India had changed their game play, but still the same old story of the Houghton-era.

Wondering how we scored against the Uzbeks.

The tactics of Toal is not the way to go. We need somebody like Papas (heck, I haven't seen them playing as well... only heard of, just like these U16 boys)

... Or, am I completely wrong? This tactics was specifically for this match to counter the physique of the Syrians?

• soumiksoumik 121 Points

where was the football from India? It was just mindless kickabout!! Bob Houghton reloaded

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points

> trojan said:
    > > usaindia said:
    > > i think we missed a win

now we need to pray uzbek kick china and we also kick china

syria missed a win actually and we avoided a loss luckily....syria was the better team hands down

>
    >

i didnt see last half but in fist there were 1 or 2 occasion where its was 2 by 2 at syria goal keeper or so

• RonnyRonny 10477 Points

You guys are judging these boys way too critically

• I think it was the passing game in patches and more the long balls, not the best approach. With Papas's approach at least we were more clinical in front of goal and the mid field was kept busy

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

may be long ball strategy was used to overcome more physical Syrians, and against Chinese we will play proper football

• ajmalajmal 1208 Points
    edited September 2012

guess our img players were playing passing football then....then 2 or 3 month camp wer they practised long ball style....useless!!..couldnt we have got the coach from img academy?