AFC U16 CHAMPIONSHIP 2012

Comments

• bansktbanskt 123 Points

> Ronny said:
    > You guys are judging these boys way too critically

Me. personally am not judging the guys. These young guns are technically sound... way ahead from many of our senior team players. But, the style of playing is very very bad... this English style of football doesn't fit us.

• trojantrojan 371 Points

> usaindia said:
    > > trojan said:
    > > > usaindia said:
    > > > i think we missed a win

now we need to pray uzbek kick china and we also kick china

syria missed a win actually and we avoided a loss luckily....syria was the better team hands down

> >
    > >

>
    > i didnt see last half but in fist there were 1 or 2 occasion where its was 2 by 2 at syria goal keeper or so

syrians had much more chances than india....but india had the better ones, against the run of play.....but they couldn't even utilize those. 
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points

> banskt said:
    > Extremely disappointed. From the reports, I had guessed that India had changed their game play, but still the same old story of the Houghton-era.

Wondering how we scored against the Uzbeks.

The tactics of Toal is not the way to go. We need somebody like Papas (heck, I haven't seen them playing as well... only heard of, just like these U16 boys)

... Or, am I completely wrong? This tactics was specifically for this match to counter the physique of the Syrians?

No this is how Toal plays...and it would have made no sense to change the style in this tournament as the boys qualified using this style. So think about changing the style after the tournament

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

i think we conceded at least 10 corners and possession may be around 30- 70

• alecsalecs Kerala663 Points

uttam missed the golden chance with no goalie in front of the post 

• indian defended well , midfield defense pressedand chased the ball

Midfield were mostly assisting defense so the forwards were really left to themselves..there wa sno wingplay or much of linkup play..this could also be  due to sryians presing and quickly closing down indian players.. their bigger physicall play also must have played a role to curb our passing.

Passing game- was non exisitant just 2-3 moves where 5-6 passes were strung together.
    long ball were directed to india no 10 who troubled d syrians but could not pass them..maybe this was the tactics by coach  for this game..

scoring chances: misses a one on one sitter  that could have decide dtha match for us.. othr wise syria were attacking more..2nd half forst 10 min india were looking very dangerous in attack..after that not much.

Syria.. had more possession and more of attack..last 15-20 min they came close 2-3 times to score but our golie and defense saved us.

we now have to win d china game.. there is no other alternative..

• and pray that uzbenks beat both china and syria

• ashindiaashindia 9315 Points

> brijesh87 said:
    > and pray that uzbenks beat both china and syria

And look where we ended up,now we have to depend on other teams no matter of our win against China.

If Uzbekistan win tonight they might even rest their key players against Syria as they will anyway finish in 1 place.  8-}

• Just makes me think if we can trouble teams like Uzbekistan and Syria with our long ball game, what heights we cud climb if our gameplay was entirely based on the tiki taka/passing style....

• rudrarudra 2958 Points

> brijesh87 said:
    > Just makes me think if we can trouble teams like Uzbekistan and Syria with our long ball game, what heights we cud climb if our gameplay was entirely based on the tiki taka/passing style....

This just assumes that Long ball game is always inferior to tiki-taka....if that was so why all teams dont play that? I dont think its that simple....players who are good in long ball, may turn out to be very bad in passing football