AFC CUP & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Getting rid of those two clubs was a lot more than just ACL. Do you really want them in I-League?
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    No Disrespect to them, but those clubs were running more because they were PSu's rather than they really felt like running the clubs... They hardly tried to attract fans to the stadium and whoever came to the stadiums were coming because of true passion rather than anything else...

They were good for federation cup where amatuer clubs also can participate not for the national league which needs to have teams who want their club to have fans and be successful and professional..

ACL allocation was one of added points due to which we didnt wanted them in the league
    munna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Okay My point is not about their removal. My point was about false reasoning given to remove them. Dont like PSU because they do not have fans. same way for Mumbai FC or Pune FC. Never Mind. But this reasoning of ACL berth was hammered daily as if by removing Air India, ONGC, we are getting direct ACL berth. My grouse is about lies about ACL slot by removing PSU clubs.

Those clubs were giving opportunity to players  to jump into bigger clubs and enough playing time in National League. Now the pool of active Indian players is becoming smaller and smaller. No 2nd Division either.
    EastBengalPride
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Technically the pool of indian players arent getting smaller as they still have their team assembled and plays odd tournaments... recently Mumbai fc signed former air india captain who was playing for them till last season...

Still as far as ACL slot goes.. their exclusion had improved our rating points and that is the reason we got 2 ACL qualifiers spots
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    You also got to take in mind that the ACL qualification format did change after they were removed.
    munna219777
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    By the way we are not even near to acl standard. we should reach at least afc semi finals each year to prove our worth.
    munna219777
    edited November 2014

AFC Champions League Finals
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    @footydip they won that final in away leg
    munna219777
    @footydip ;  Not empty. Official attendance is 63000 plus at Riyadh. Saudi get awesome crowd.