Daily dose of east bengal

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    You must be crazy to think that I would have such an opinion for Morgan. I meant Alvito D'Cunha. I honestly think as far as club football goes, Alvito and Sunil Chetri get far more limelight than they deserve or their performance speak.
    your previous post of pointing foreign coach made me interpret that you meant morgan if no then fine
  • That post started with a FIRST REACTION on Alvito. I just don't like BIG TALKING people who market themselves a hell lot but don't deliver, both Alvito and Sunil chetri are in that category as far as club football goes. Bhaichung towards the end of his career started doing this to prolong his career but in his younger days, Bhaichung was pretty humble. Sunil at least delivers for the national team, no coach even wants to give Alvito a chance to play for the national team.

The lesser I talk of Alvito, the better, so i started trying to analyse reasons as to why East Bengal is faring poorly in spite of having a pretty balanced team, hence the comment on Morgan's choice of players. Nothing against anyone specific, I believe both Indian and foreigners have their set of strengths and weaknesses, it all boils down to the personality and what/how he delivers.
  • Some surprising news : East Bengal V Barcelona (Pre Season match ) in August 2012.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/02/23/fc-barcelona-to-play-kingfisher-east-bengal/"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.sportskeeda.com/2012/02/23/f ... st-bengal/</a><!-- m -->
  • sabirsabir 46 Points
    @ Projenetar...you have very good eyes. I have noticed Charan Rai is very intelligent and brilliant in long passes.

Alvito was talented but I heard he is very lazy so he couldnt keep him in shape.
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Alvito D'Cunha being sent by East Bengal to England for FA Level 2 coach's training. EB will bear all his expenses. Once done, he will be eligible for UEFA 'B' and subsequently UEFA 'A' coaching license.
  • somesh wrote:
    Alvito D'Cunha being sent by East Bengal to England for FA Level 2 coach's training. EB will bear all his expenses. Once done, he will be eligible for UEFA 'B' and subsequently UEFA 'A' coaching license.

That is good. We need more "A" level coaches. UEFA would be good to.
  • imsouravimsourav kolkata659 Points
    lanky winger sanju pradhan's name was announced as east bengal skipper for 2012-13 season yesterday on holy occasion of bar pujo(a traditional ceremony which takes place on first day of bengali calendar). Mehtab hussain was named as the vice captain for the next season. Congratulations to both sanju and mehtab, hope you guys will bring lots of success and trophies in our club. God bless east bengal fc
    lanky winger sanju pradhan's name was announced as east bengal skipper for 2012-13 season yesterday on holy occasion of bar pujo(a traditional ceremony which takes place on first day of bengali calendar). Mehtab hussain was named as the vice captain for the next season. Congratulations to both sanju and mehtab, hope you guys will bring lots of success and trophies in our club. God bless east bengal fc