Sunil Chhetri

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points

Sunil Chhetri asks youngsters to watch out for ‘sign’ of trouble

The Telegraph: During lockdown, we have seen clubs applying the force majeure clause to unilaterally terminate players' contracts. Players also often complain about clubs taking them for a ride. What will your advice be to young players on signing a contract?

Do not sign things which you do not understand. That's the first and very important thing for all young players. Do not get carried away by what you hear in terms of money. Whenever you are signing anything, read it a hundred times with the people you trust. It can be the agent, can be your parent or brother… Whoever you trust. Make sure you get as much help as possible from a lawyer. Do your research and be as sure as possible before signing it. I also understand it's a difficult time when everyone is losing money and everyone is feeling the pinch. But the clubs must realise that if you treat players like this, then the players will not be able to perform to the best of their capabilities. You rather be a club where you sign one or two players less, but have everyone, fulfil their potential and be happy at the club. If say an X club do not pay the players, then there could be a situation where other players may not be keen to sign for that club. So I do not think this a good sign for the system. Respecting the contract is very important for both the sides - the players as well as the club.

What are your highs and lows as an India player?

It's difficult to pick out one match. Most memorable will be my debut as the national team player (on June 12, 2005, versus Pakistan, in Quetta). I mean, when you start playing football your dream is always to represent your country. So that is memorable. Then when we defeated Thailand 4-1 in 2019 Asian Cup… That was an important milestone. Worst match if I can remember was the game we lost to Myanmar in a qualifying match for the Asian Cup. That loss ruined our chances of advancing. Me and my team were desperate to play the Asian Cup finals for the second time running. If we had played in 2015 after 2011 and then again we played in 2019, that would have been a consistent graph.

When you started, did you think of serving India for this long?

No chance. When I started… that first day in Mohun Bagan, I did not think I would be playing for the national team. The dream was there but playing for 15 years, captaining India, playing over 100 matches.. No, I never dreamt of those things.

For complete article : 

https://www.telegraphindia.com/sport/sunil-chhetri-asks-youngsters-to-watch-out-for-sign-of-trouble/cid/1780248
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Even Chhetri doesn't think Udanta and Kurunian can score goals hence the challenge to Sahal 😂
    dev_pfcatuljgmunna219777
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Sunil chhetri has played 15 years for India and has just featured in over 100 games shows how little we play international football. Atleast 50-60 games behind what most top countries play
    goalkeepargiridharanNagendramunna219777kartik91ashindiaindian_gooner
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    ;mohammed_87hassan

main reason is we haven't qualified for major tournaments like 2007 & 2015 Asian Cup.. else we would have played friendlies prior to these tournaments along with group matches..

also we never qualified for Final round - World Cup Asian Qualifiers.. 
  • samsam 16428 Points

Potential replacements for Sunil Chhetri

5. Aman Chetri 

5 Potential replacements of Sunil Chhetri

No no, he is not from Sunil’s family but his father was former footballer too. Aman is 18 year old boy from Guwahati (Assam) and well known among Indian football fans for his injury comeback and goals. He has a pacy style of play and active record on goal sheets.

Aman was part of Indian side which participated in 2016 AFC U-16 Championship. He earned place in AIFF Elite Academy batch that was preparing for the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup but unfortunately an ACL injury forced him out of U-17 World Cup.

Aman made a comeback in Indian side at COTIF U-20 Cup 2018 and was part of the team that won against mighty Argentina U-20. He was signed by two-time ISL champions Chennaiyin FC same year and became regular member of Chennaiyin FC U-18 side and reserves. Aman scored seven goals in nine appearances including hat-tricks of goals and assists for U-18 team. Aman proved that he deserves more playing time at higher level resulting Machans loaned him to Indian Arrows side for I-League 2019-20 season and he scored five goals in five appearances for Arrows. Chennaiyin management eyeing him as long-term replacement for Jeje Lalpekhlua.
    Early to predict his future at International level but his supreme talent hints something big.

4. Himanshu Jangra 

15 year old boy from Hisar (Haryana) is product of Minerva Punjab Academy which has history of producing great youngsters. He has all the qualities of a modern day striker. Himanshu possesses total football mentality with great pace and striking abilities.

His breakthrough performance came while representing U-15 Indian side in 2019 SAFF U-15 Championship where he scored seven goals in just three appearances including two hat-tricks and a goal in finals against Nepal. India U-15 clinched Championship and Himanshu secured golden boot. His heading capacities are bright assets, for instance he scored hat-trick of headers on 4-0 victory over Bangladesh in SAFF Championship.

Himanshu made his first and only appearance for Punjab FC reserves against AU Rajasthan in 2nd Division of I-League where he scored brace. This impressive performance earned him promotion to senior team in I-League where he made five appearances and impressed everyone including Ranjit Bajaj. India U-15 coach Bibiano Fernandes also utilised him at other positions like left-wing forward and attacking midfielder.

Himanshu Jangra is on the radar of several top ISL clubs of India and his big success in short period proves he is definitely star in the making for India.

3. Aniket Jadhav 

He is already well known face among Indian fans since 2017, gained fame for his wonderful speed and skills in 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup. 20 year old from Kolhapur (Maharashtra) is defunct Pune FC product. Aniket was part of AIFF Elite Academy batch and went on to play for India U-17 in 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Aniket joined Indian Arrows side after the tournament in I-League 2017-18 season. On his debut, he scored brace against Chennai City FC in 3-0 victory on season opener for Indian Arrows.
    On March 2019, he joined english club Blackburn Rovers for a 3 month training spell at their academy.

Aniket was praised by Blackburn head coach Tony Mowbray for his attitude, energy and enthusiasm but former Middlesbrough defender stated that he needs certain improvements in gameplay. After Blackburn trial, Aniket joined ISL club Jamshedpur FC for 2019-20 season and made 11 appearances for first team.

Aniket Jadhav shows great maturity and he deserves to play in Indian top flight football. Soon he will knock the doors of Indian team.

2. Vikram Pratap Singh 

Another player from the list who played for Ranjit Bajaj’s Minerva Punjab Academy, 18 year old Vikram Pratap Singh is product of Chandigarh Football Academy hailing from Chandigarh. He is flexible enough to play across the front three but prefers to operate from the right-wing, dribbling and ball control in final third are key attributes of his gameplay.

At AFC U-16 Championship in Malaysia, his goal against Vietnam led to India’s first win. Known for his goalscoring instincts during his tenure in India Under-16 team for his braces and hat-tricks, he scored overall 15 goals in 33 appearances for India U-16 and three goals in 14 appearances for India U-20. He got selected in Indian Arrows side for 2018-19 I-League season but managed only one goal in 13 appearances.

Vikram made an impressive comeback in 2019-20 season scoring four goals in 14 appearances. Vikram’s performance impressed some top clubs and finally in May 2020, City football group owned ISL side Mumbai City FC beat Kerala Blasters for Vikram’s signature.

Vikram Pratap Singh is on the right path to emulate Sunil Chhetri and if his stint at Mumbai City FC goes right then he has the potential to become a successor of Sunil Chhetri.

1. Ishan Pandita

22 year old Bengaluru-born striker never played for any Indian club, playing in Spain for almost half decade thus yet to earn a national call-up. At the age of 17, Ishan signed contract with La Liga side Deportive Leganes for U-19 squad. He became the first indian footballer to play for Juvenil A side in the top tier spanish youth football and soon started for first team in spanish Tercera division.

Ishan earned interest from many segunda division clubs but later on joined Tercera division side Lorca FC where he has been first choice striker in 2019-20 season outscoring Paul Pogba’s elder brother Mathias Pogba and coached by Espanyol legend Walter Pandiani. He played 25 out of 27 games this season scoring six goals and emerged as club’s highest scorer.

Once again after an impressive performance he was on verge of joining Sengunda division clubs but coronavirus pandemic and crisis may force him to come back in India and play for I-League or ISL club.
    Ishan got offers from spanish segunda division and high praise from uruguayan international football legend Walter Pandiani but yet to receive invitation for national team camp or trial. Ishan is most likely to become successor of Sunil Chhetri in national team if he gets recognition from All India Football Federation.

https://sportsnewsquest.com/5-potential-replacements-of-sunil-chhetri/

gaffertapemunna219777goalkeeparashindiaThe real AGgiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    Except for Jangra others are jokes 
    munna219777samCarbon_14gaffertapeashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29628 Points
    What about Sridarth Nongmeikapam of BFC?

I remember @Bad rates him very highly--calling him a "genius", an "exceptional player" whereas rating Himangshu as "very good player" during the U-16 team's football trip to Turkey?
    kartik91
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Vikram Pratap also has talent. Discarding these young talents as jokes is harsh and unfounded. 
    munna219777gaffertapegoalkeeparkartik91ashindiasouravindiaRonny
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Vikram has a penchant for getting Yellow cards. As a Forward, its a cardinal sin. He is fouling Defenders most of the time.

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    I think Sridharth will be Chettris successor. Hope he comes into BFC first team sooner than later.
    munna219777kartik91