INDIA vs OMAN & UAE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES -

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    Paaji's technical evaluation before UAE game

India are on same level as UAE, believes goalkeeper Amrinder Singh

munna219777ashindiaDeb_Bangoalkeeparindian_goonergaffertapeChelseafanLord_Pessi
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Funny no statement or tweets from Stimac yet. Obviously AIFF exercises control over him
    giridharanmunna219777indian_goonerAbhishek
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3621 Points
    Yes he is super silent, Only Yan Dhandha spoke in support of Stimac(tagged him) after the game. He started 20 games in Championship this season and scored a goal and settling well at Swansea.
    munna219777goalkeeparindian_goonergaffertapekartik91
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    No update from AIFF about the team or game since the match finished. 
    munna219777giridharanRonnygoalkeeparindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Where is Stimac now ? 
    Returned back to Croatia? 

Talks are there about NT camp in late April
    giridharanindian_goonerkartik91Abhishek
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    One thing I realised in Indian sports is our mentality is such that we require stability. If we know that even if we falter at times, we will still remain part of the core and get matches to prove ourselves, we always excel. Have seen this across all sports including cricket. If one feels there is too much competition for his place, somehow our gene lets us shy away an we stagger. Coaches who knows and acknowledge this gets results. If Stimac goes on in experimental mode, it will cause more harm to Indian football. Keeping the core same iff you rope in youngstars, it would be gar more beneficial based on our mentality
    munna219777
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    I think NT should play 3 CBs at the back with wing backs like Mandar and Prabir. Kotal is made to be look good because of ISL. he is useless on international level. I remember a moment against UAE early in the match where an aerial ball fell to him just ahead of the half line. he was free and there was no one near him to fight for the ball. he was in better position to control the ball and then make a pass. instead he just decided to guide it ith a side foot volley toward Liston who already had a player breathing down his neck, as expected Liston lost the ball.
    munna219777
  • We were getting results under Constantine but changed it.

by result i mean qualifying for WC, not SAFF and other shit cups, so no Constantine please. No disrespect to Cosntatine but he is not the right man for the future. In order to grow, nothing less than reaching Q/F of Asian cup is acceptable.

i am sure AIFF will invite bhutan next and smash them 10-0 so coach can tell the fans that future is bright 
    I don't see such scorline against Bhutan. They have become a very competitive side. Maybe Sri lanka or Pakistan.

Not praising Constantine neither want him back but he was definitely better manager than stimac....
    How many days you will do experiment man ? How many days u needed...
    Saying we need to play stronger opponents doesn't means this....isse accha to nepal hi hai...
    Will winning aginst Nepal help us. Definitley no. We are all not happy with the results. Acutally for such large number of debutants we should have gone for teams having lesser ranking than us. That would have boosted the morale of the squad. Now at the very first/second match itself they got of some demoralized results. But one positive I can see the the players got to know how brutual is international football. I think they learnt a huge lesson here.

It's perfect time to consider indian gaffer....
    & Khalid is the perfect answer.....
    Becoz again foreign coach will come then needs time then experiment then blah blah
    he seems a good option. We need to see him how he performs for atleast next 2 years. My choice would be Alberto Roca

If we really need to experiment, have it against a weaker opponent. Humiliation and embarrassment are regular companion of Indian football fans, dont add salt Igor.
    Someone from AIFF needs to send a signal that Indian now desires to be proud. So much money, so much coverage this generation is having. They need to deliver. Experiment is merely an excuse.
    This sums up perfectly. Because the new football fans after ISL will grow impatient and will always ridicule. They expect India to qualify for 2026 WC. Even I want it too somehow scrape through.

don't think UAE or any strong team in Asia is ever going to accept a friendly proposal from India again. It's also a sign of disrespect towards them, playing with a weaker team, IMO.
    this is a serious concern. hope we get to play little bit higher opponents.

Consti's team fought till the very end of most matches and Chettri scored a few last minute goals as well. And he got India to 96th rank in Fifa! Sure he may have manipulated the rankings, played with weaker opponents but the fact is, whenever India faced stronger opponent as well, we played damn well!

but india lost crucial matches like WCQ which is the main thing the fans expect.

munna219777haritrams24kartik91
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    I agree that we need longer leagues and improved infrastructure but UAE qualified in 1990 WC without even a proper league in place. Quality matters. Intent to play good football matters. 
    However I agree with Saurav that we are not that bad. This result is a pure reflection of inflated ego after Oman match and underestimating a strong opponent. I am sure improved result will come. 
    indian_goonermunna219777souravindiaashindiagoalkeepardreamerkartik91Abhishek