Arsenal : The 2012-13 Season

Comments

• silicon3silicon3 351 Points
    edited July 2012
    silicon3 wrote: »
    Wenger acknowledges the Defense is still bad... sahin and cardoza well nothing is official till its in arsenal.com<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>How is defense bad. RB yes is a problem still but we have 3 world-class center backs + 2 good left backs. </div><div><br></div><div>Cardoza will just complete the 3 man midfield of Song, Arteta, and Cardoza. Sahin is a maybe still. Keep in mind that we are under squad restrictions as well.</div>

<br><br>buddy if wenger himself says its bad then it must be bad...i think he refered to the B team<br>
  • silicon3 wrote: »
    Wenger acknowledges the Defense is still bad... sahin and cardoza well nothing is official till its in arsenal.com<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>How is defense bad. RB yes is a problem still but we have 3 world-class center backs + 2 good left backs. </div><div><br></div><div>Cardoza will just complete the 3 man midfield of Song, Arteta, and Cardoza. Sahin is a maybe still. Keep in mind that we are under squad restrictions as well.</div>

<br><br>buddy if wenger himself says its bad then it must be bad...i think he refered to the B team<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>When he say that?</div>

<br><div><br></div><div>When he say that?</div>

<br><br>after the 2nd asia tour match i think..<br>
    <h2><font size="2"><a href="http://kickne.ws/1/1898286"; title="Arsenal Move Step Closer to Signing £18m Malaga Midfielder Santi Cazorla" rel="nofollow" itemprop="name">Santi Cazorla</a> might become Arsenals most expensive import till date<br></font></h2>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">
    Wenger acknowledges the Defense is still bad... sahin and cardoza well nothing is official till its in arsenal.com</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">How is defense bad. RB yes is a problem still but we have 3 world-class center backs + 2 good left backs. </div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Cardoza will just complete the 3 man midfield of Song, Arteta, and Cardoza. Sahin is a maybe still. Keep in mind that we are under squad restrictions as well.</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">buddy if wenger himself says its bad then it must be bad...i think he refered to the B team</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">When he say that?</div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">after the 2nd asia tour match i think..</font><br><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">

</font><br><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">ahhh... http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/-we-got-what-we-wanted-a-good-challenge- </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I think what he means is that now the physical stuff is out of the way (running, speed etc) and now when they get back it is time to gel (Note that Koscielny and Per were not on the tour).</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I dont think defensively we are that bad (at least on paper). Yes Jenkinson is a worry but we are playing Sunderland and Stoke first and then of course Liverpool is a worry but 1 man does not make the team and Sagna should be back for Liverpool as well (bench role I would assume). </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also I would be a little optimistic about Jenkinson. He is Arsenal through in through (not saying that makes him a great player automatically, I would be the best in the world if that was the case but...) it shows that he will be willing to put 100% in and also note who he is working under... Steve Bould. A former defender (great one I would say) and our former youth coach (probably one of the best in the world). </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Also another reason why I am optimistic about Jenkinson is because during the Kitchee match I watched him specifically when the ball was with or near him and I could tell he got a lessen in between the Man City and Kitchee match from the coaches. He was aware and well able to track the ball.</font></div>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    <p>Chiellini is shit and Vermaelen is world class. </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p> </p>
    <p>Now I have seen everything :D</p>

<br><br>Both are shit!! David Luiz is God :P<br>
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    <h2><font size="2"><a href="http://kickne.ws/1/1898286"; title="Arsenal Move Step Closer to Signing £18m Malaga Midfielder Santi Cazorla" rel="nofollow" itemprop="name">Santi Cazorla</a> might become Arsenals most expensive import till date<br></font></h2>

<br><br>Chelsea are monitoring(read highjacking) the deal.<br>
  • archak wrote: »

<br><br>Chelsea are monitoring(read highjacking) the deal.<br>

<br><div><br></div><div>Mate. Sell a few midfielders before going after another one. You dont need him, you dont play a way he would play. Malaga needs money, we are willing. Arsenal.</div>
  • Terp13Terp13 47 Points
    Yea, I don't know why we need Cazorla. Sahin is a more understandable buy but we need to reinforce the DM section as soon as possible to give the squad some time to gel. Also, I heard Juventus might put a bid of 20 million for RVP so that situation will be solved soon as well. We need like a monthe before the first game to gel the squad but as long  as it is nothing like last year which cost us few games then we will be fine.<div><br></div><div>BTW: 'This is aamirakram19 in a new Avatar because my old account was retarded.</div>
  • <div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span style="font-size: 10pt; ">Hello again. Aamir or better known know as Terp.</span></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I sorta agree that Sahin would be better than Cardoza but maybe it is because Cardoza is more likely to happen that I disagree more. Plus Sahin's chances look to have dropped after Madrid said no to a buy-out clause after loan.</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">I can already see the starting line-up...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Chesney</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Jenkinson, Vermaelan, Per/Laurent, Santos/Gibbs</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Song</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Arteta<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Cardoza</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Walcott<span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Gervinho</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><span class="Apple-tab-span" style="white-space:pre"> </span>Podolski/Oliver</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">That is a pretty good starting line-up. Then the bench...</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; ">Fabianski, Gibbs/Santos, Per/Laurent, Ramsey, Podolski/Oliver, [Free Slot], [Free Slot].</div><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Not bad in my opinion. It could be better. As for DM, the only thing we should do is get Song to sign a new deal as he is done in 2014. Other than that I dont get why we need a new DM. M'vila is trash. Watched his matches in Ligue 1, was impressed, saw potential, I know why people love him but I dont think he is necessary.</font></div>